cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web-services in E-Sourcing 5.1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, experts!

How can i implement web-service on eso 5.1. I know they are using axis 1.3, i've made a test webservice and trying to deploy it to eso as shown [here|http://lkamal.blogspot.com/2008/07/web-service-axis-tutorial-client-server.html] Nothing happens. Then i've looked at standard web-services, shipped with eso (DocumentCreationWS) and looked in $FCI_HOME$/deploy/server-config.wsdd. I've commented DocumentCreationWS there, but it is still active in localhost:.../services. I also tried to comment DocumentCreationWS in ear archive with the same result. And i can not find system$system.webservices.enabled option (Sometimes it says me to set it to true, when i try to access localhost:.../services from a web-browser)

Regards, madhead

Edited by: madhead on Sep 21, 2011 6:01 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Baski!

And regarding to the ESO 5.1 what steps do i need to do to make a custom web-service?

Regards, madhead.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Create a Axis 1.x webservice as it is done for any java webservice using the ESO API provided. Create a custom jar out of it. Update the WSDD file delivered, rebuild SDA/EAR and bounce the server and deploy the ESO APP. login in as system user and set the webservice_enabled property to true and see if it works..

Not sure if there are otherways of deploying withoug playing around the standard wsdd file.. you may want to explore that

Thanks, Baski

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, Baski.

But now i have one more question - how can i authorise users in web-service. For now i use hardcoded IapiLoginManager.loginUser("a", "b", "c"), but how can i get acces to Authorization: header of request through IAPI.

Regards, madhead.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siarhei and Baksi,

Thanks for your time in advance..

I would like like to know, Did you succeeded in hosting a custom webservice on CLM.

Are you able to invoke using iapiLogin manager to log in to CLM.

Please share your experience.

Thanks and Regards,

N.venkateswararao.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Oh, that was simple with MessageContext.getCurrentContext()!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Creating webservice and supporting them in SAP Sourcing is not straight forward: Here are some points:

The webservice library shipped will change between releases. (Axizs 1.X in 5.1, Axis2 in 7 & Apache CXF in 9). for instance there is no wsdd file in Axis 2. You may want to consider migration efforts during an upgrade.

Regarding modifiying shipped software like updating the wsdd file, might not be straight forward while applying patches or applying service packs.

if posible depending upon the use case, try stearing away from creating web service. E.g consider modelling as push (making a webservice call from a document save action or a custom action..)

Regarding the property webservice_enabled guess it might be scoped at system level. Please check by loging in as a system user.

thanks, Baski