cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invalidated View

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I am creating an attribute view in HANA studio, based on an existing table (previously created by myself) with data in it (data preview running fine). I validate my attribute view (no errors, "green light" given) and activate it (status "succesful" in the log). But when I try to run a data preview on the created attribute view, I receive the following message in the header of the preview pane:

com.sap.db.jdbc.exceptions.JDBCDriverException: SAP DBTech JDBC: [391] (at 119): invalidated view (and then the identifier of my attribute view)

No data is shown in the preview pane, as a consequence.

Has anyone received the same error? Would appreciate a lot any hints.

Regards,

Sergey

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Norman_May
Employee
Employee

Hallo,

does the user of the connection you use have enough priveliges to select the view. SAP note 1612696 explains the required privileges. According to the note you might have to

grant select on schema <SCHEMA> to SYSREPO with grant option;

grant select on schema <SCHEMA> to <USER>;

to provide the required privileges.

Regards, Norman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much Norman! I had the same problem and your solution fixed it.

Thanks again!

-Derek

former_member467822
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Norman. I was having the same issue and this fixed it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Noram, I had same issue and it fixed it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Norman, sorry for a late reaction (took me a while to return to the topic), - your suggestion has been fully valid and helped me to resolve the issue. One thing that I would add is that if the schema that contains the tables that you are using to build your analytical view resides under a "third" user (i.e., neither your user, nor _SYS_REPO), it seems like it could be required to apply that permissions grant to all the three users: the "schema owner", your user and _SYS_REPO. It may look like an overkill, but it worked in my case.

Thanks a lot again for your help!

Regards,

Sergey

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I tried giving the privilege commands. still it throws me the same error.

Thanks,

murali.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Normal I managed to solve an similar issue I faced with the help of this note...

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can I know which version of HANA you are using? I am using the following version and Build. I am exactly facing the same problem that you mentioned.

Version: 1.0.16

Build id: 201109091452 (354058)

Regards,

Sudheer.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sudheer,

On the server (SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 11.0) we have version 1.00.13.353400. My HANA studio is of version: 1.0.15,

build id: 201108300930 (353743).

Regards,

Sergey