SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add a new segment to Basic Type ISU_MR_UPLOAD01

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I need to add a new segment to Basic type ISU_MR_UPLOAD01. But while doing so via t-code WE30 I am getting error "Action is not possible for generated idoctypes" .

I referred post where it asks us to create copy of BAPI of the method to extend and then use transaction BDBG to create a new ALE interface.

But In my case I am creating a custom FM to process the Idoc which will be attached with the basic type. So can I create a custom IDoc similar to ISU_MR_UPLOAD01 and add the require segment? Will this approach have any drawbacks?

Any suggestions will be appreciated

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You need to copy: ISU_MR_UPLOAD01 to ZISU_MR_UPLOAD01. Then create a FM to handle this ZISU_MR_UPLOAD01. You need to connect the FM to handle this idoc type. Also you need to set up the port to receive or send the new idoc.

You will need to use these transactions: SALE, WE21, WE20, BD82, BD62(possibly). Don't forget to test through WE19.

Cheers, Sebastian.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.