cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WebService to RFC without PASSWORD u00BFpossible?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

I have an scenario WS to RFC (sync). Some of them are standard (with password) and customer is asking me to access to one of them without password

What or where should i configure anything??

I dont think it is possible is WSDL, it may be in Netweaver Configuration or somewhere like this.

Any idea to help me??

Thanks in advance!!!

S

Edited by: ademiv on Sep 21, 2011 3:38 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

markangelo_dihiansan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

According to this thread,

appending the username/password in the URL only work for adapters that lie on the ABAP stack. If you want, you can try using the URL in the Propose URL when generating the WSDL.

To completely remove user authentication for SOAP Adapter, read Bhavesh's reply in the thread below

Note that by doing so, all username/password authentication will be removed for all scenarios that use SOAP Adapter.

Hope this helps,

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks everybody, but the thing i wanna do is neither using PASS nor USER.

I would like to make a scenario for a client without using password and user.

Any idea?

rodrigoalejandro_pertierr
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

as i know, you cant because dont forget that the service provided to the client is a web service which endpoint point to PI server, so you need a valid PI user to be able to consume this service.

so you have to ,as i sugguested before, hardcode the user and password in the Web service ´s URL.

Rgds

RP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, thanks both, I ve tried two opcions but no success.

Service is still asking me password.

Any other idea?

Thanks!

Sebastian

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Soap adapter that runs in netweaver java stack looks for either basic authentication or certificate authentication (ssl). You can create certificate and share that with your client. Store your created certificate in the netweaver keystore. This way your client uses your certificate to consume webservice without entering user/password.

Hope that helps. I believe netweaver stack looks for some authentication (either basic or certificate) to connect. Without authentication you cannot connect and consume webservice.

Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you are doing something wrong because i did some escenarios with this configuration and woked perfect.

please review your endpoint.

Rgds

RP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Exactly.

You can add, to the endpoint Service URL these parameters:

&sap-user=<username>&sap-password=<password>

Copy user PIAPPLUSER to a new user, and then use this User for WS Logon.

Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you can go through this

once you set the user and password in the URL, give that to the user and no login will be necessary.

Rgds

RP