Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scope for java guys in netweaver platform

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am a java guy and planning to move onto netweaver platform

but i am in a confusion.....as part of my movement into netweaver i explored EP, XI...

though initially they looked gud, slowly i got a feeling that there is no miuch scope for a java programmer in netweaver....

i feel so because

1)in XI there is hardly any scope for writing any code.....except in java proxy development...

2)but in EP there is enough scope...but if i move into EP i feel that i will have to be constrained to be in SAP only.......but if i remain a pure java guy then i can take up almost any project.....be it any project based on any platofrm.....be it based on IBM platform or oracle platform or sap platform ?

i am now in total confusion....i am not at all able to decide if to move into netweaver or not.

can any one of u please give me an idea as to what exactly is the scope for a java programmer in netweaver platofrm

--

pavan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Pavan,

I can narrate my experience ..

simply saying the scope of java in netweaver is HUGE !! . SAP netweaver provides amazing opputunities for java guys .. for eg :EP development such as JSP Dynpage ( a bit outdated ) to it newest strategical platform webdynpro . The entire KM / Coll is developed in Java and any additional custome development increases your scope . Needless to say , the latest platform for building xAPPs is CAF , is yet another excellent oppurtunity for java guys .

Aneez

PLs award points if you are satisfied ..

former_member192029
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Pavan,

I'm from Java Developement and feeling confortable in all SAP Technical modules like XI, EP & WebDynpro

1)In XI, Other than proxy developement, you can do java mapping, adapter developement etc... good scope

2) In EP & WebDynPro, you can understand the API easily by comparing your Java development knowledege.

Also we are involving in J2EE project migration to SAP J2EE server engine. (you are the right person for this)

We have done WebDynPro project using EJB.

So scope is big for Java developers!!!

Welcome to SAP Technical world

Cheers

Jawahar Govindaraj

0 Kudos

SAP NetWeaver Developer Studio is actually based on Eclipse. So you can imagine you can remain pure JAVA programmer even you code on SAP NetWeaver.

RichHeilman
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

As far as EP(Netweaver Portal), it is just a frontend in which provides one solid interface to all your applications, whether they are SAP or not. It just so happens to run on the java platform. You can develop pure j2ee applications using the Netweaver Developer Studio, it has plug-ins which help in developing SAP technologies such as Web Dynpro, but you don't have to use it, you can develop your app using pure java technologies like EJB, jsp, etc. It also provides a solution for deploying your apps to the web application server.

Regards,

Rich Heilman