cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Complex/Nested Licensing

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are now implementing the GTS License functionality in GTS 8.0. We have configured the basic scenario's and this is working fine. We are now exploring some more advanced/nested licensing requirements. What we want to achieve for our DEA regulated materials is the following:

• An annual licenses (with a quota) for the materials

• For each individual order we need an import license.

I know we could combine both options in a single license, but since different people are responsible for the maintenance of these licenses, we want to separate them. So far I was not able to have the system check for both options. When the system finds a valid license, the rest op the checks are skipped. I found a configuration setting that pretends to solve our issue ("Check Multiple Licenses"), but this seems not to work. I also had a look at "Agreements", but could not find the added value for that.

What can we do, to support our complex/nested Licensing requirement

Regards

Marco

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marco,

Though we exchanged emails on this a couple weeks back, I noticed your question here and thought I would add in my prior response...

Your only standard way is to use agreements, with the agreement controlling the annual limits and the licensing controlling the transactional limits. With a little customization, you can take advantage of using BOM functionality to allow control of both limits for a single product. With a lot of customization, you can modify the u201Ccheck multiple licensesu201D functionality to truly check two licenses for a single line (one annual and one transactional).

We had previously prototyped some very complex control of radioactive isotopes that had similar controls and I would recommend selecting the solution that creates the simplest business process, rather than that which uses standard GTS processing.

Regards,

Robert

former_member215181
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Marco,

For what you want, perhaps the setting "Cascade active within Approval Type determination" would work? If you use the "Check multiple Licence Types" setting, remember to assign the Issuing Authority to each Licence Type.

Hope that helps,

Dave

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dave,

Thanks for the response. In the meantime I fuigured out how to get the multiple assignment check working (and indeed the issueing authority was missing).

Regards

Marco