Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do DCN notifications for SUP works?

Marçal_Oliveras
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm trying to use DCN to activate a workflow but I don't understand how to do it.

I've created a sample absence application. When an absence is created in the backend, SUP must send a notification to the manager device and the workflow application can approve the absence.

The workflow is done and it's working, but I'm sending the notification from the workspace (test notification) and now I want to trigger the process from the backend.

If I'm right, when the absence is created in the backend, I should send a notification via HTTP with this URL and the JSON parameters in the POST:

http://<SERVER>:8000/dcn/DCNServlet?cmd=wf&security=admin&domain=default&username=supAdmin&password=...

If I send that request I receive a success message but now I don't know how to fill the parameters like to trigger the workflow... which is the workflow ID? And the OP?

Is necessary to make some adjustments to enable DCN?

Thank you

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Marçal_Oliveras
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I solved this.

I was using the same workflow message ID all the time and must be new for each notification!

If you go to [this vclement thread|] you can see how the URL has to be, and how to generate a DCN notification from ABAP. Very usefull.