cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there anything equivalent of ''Post Publish to ERP'?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a requirement where I need to modify some data in the master agreement once the document is published to ERP. If there are errors during publish, I need to revert back the changes. Any idea how to do it?

Regards,

Yogesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

As you rightly said there is no event around post pusblish to ERP processing. Here is an idea that you may want to consider. Not an elegant solution thoughu2026

1. Pre publish to ERP event will be triggered before publishing. Set an extension field a value or add an attribute to session

2. When a document is successfully published the fileld u201CSENT_TO_EXT_ATu201D will be changed. In the field change event, you can make a note on the changes..

3. In your preSave Script, you can check for the above changes/field values and do some custom process

Thanks,

Baski

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Baski,

The suggestion kind of makes sense. But can you also tell me at which point the 'save' event is called? According to the SAP documentation for 'Pre Publish to ERP' states that 'The business document is saved prior to the execution of this script. Any exceptions that are raised in this context stop the publishing from occurring.'

So it means document will be saved before it is published ....:(. I could not try this scenario yet as we still do not have development environment ready yet. Once I try, I will update on this forum

Regards,

Yogesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Baski,

Does the 'Sent to ERP' field get set every time I publish to ERP or only during the first successful publish?

Regards,

Subhasini

Answers (0)