cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Budget Exceed error while settlement in PS T-Code CJ88

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guru's,

I have created structure upto 6 level and i have done planning and budgeting at 6th level only, and actual cost is also posted at 6th level.

When i am setteling that amount at 5th level WBS using T-Code CJ88 then it is giving Budget exceed error of that particular amount as budget is also available at higher level WBS as accumalation of budget at 6th level is going to higher level WBS as i am following buttom-up approach.

Please suggest.

Regards,

Ambuj

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

When you distribute budget to lower level WBS, the budget is only available at the lower level (availability is checked as: Budget - Distributed Budget - Assigned) regardless of whether it is shown at the superior level or not.

AVAC status is activated automatically on WBS where budget is distirbuted and released (provide you have maintained Activation Type 1 in Budget Profile OPS9). Please check if AVAC status is active on your 5th level WBS. If it is active then the system will throw the error as SAP standard behavior. You can remove this status from 5th level WBS via CJBW.

You may need to look at your budget configuration accordingly.

Regards,

Ammar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If we deactivated AVAC using T-Code CJBW it is deactivating AVAC for whole project not a particular WBS Element.If we are deactivating AVAC then what is the use of doing budgeting.

please suggest

Regards,

Ambuj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

As Gokul mentioned, if your business allows it only then use CJBW. You can activate AVAC once the settlement is done.

Please note that this error is occuring because you have only assigned budget at the 6th level WBS. Standard practice dictates that budget should be assigned to the top-level WBS and then distributed to the 6th level WBSE (CJ30). If you cannot do this then the only option left is to de-activate the AVAC for a little while for the the settlement to go through.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Ammar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramesh,

The only option is to Deactivate the Availabilty Control and then try.

Please check the note '159850'. Hope this will clear your doubt.

Regards,

Nitin Ghadge

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check the total costs that you are trying to settle to the 5th level WBS and compare it with the available budget at the 5th level. If the available budget is less in the 5th level system will throw this error. Alternatively if you still want to carry out settlement deactivate the availability control on the 5th level WBS. Before doing this check whether your business allows this.

Regards,

Gokul