Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDM Import Manager Problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi fellow MDMers,

I am Using SRM/MDM 7.1

If I use BBP_CCM_TRANSFER from EBP to transfer SRM materials. I can generate an XML file on the READY folder of our MDM server via PI.

Eventually the file disappears and a log file is generated. I am presuming that the appropriate mapping has been applied and can see the materials in the MDM Data Manager. However the Materials do not appear in the correct positions on the hierarchy when viewed in the SRM-MDM Catalog on the Portal.

I know that I need to configure this via the MDM Import Manager mapping (Material Group - Hierarchy), however, if I take the same file above and use it as the source for my import I get the following error.

Logon Error: Logon: Can't Generate Xml schema for: <file above>

When the process is started the CMD box flashes up so I am presuming that XSD.EXE is running. I have checked that this is installed in the Local Import Manager Directory. Has anyone experienced this or know of a solution?

Previously, I have successfully imported a 3rd Party Excel Catalog into MDM and mapped this data to the relevant Hierarchy with no problems.

If I can't get into the Import Manager, how do I determine what mapping is being applied to the data being imported via the above 'port'?

Regards and thanks,

Martin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

MDM Import server processes file from Ready folder and moves a copy of the file to the Archive folder present at the same level on MDM server file system.

Read this note - Note 1331426 - missing xsd.exe File

Solution

This file doesn't come with the installation files and is part of the

Microsoft .NET Framework SDK (Software Development Kit) 2.0,

which can be downloaded from the download center of the Micrsosoft web

site.

This is documented in the installation guide.

Please refer to the installation guide:

https://service.sap.com/installmdm71

Thanks,

Shambhu.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Many thanks for the responses to my query.

I have now been successful in opening a Import file, creating the mapping and starting the import.

My issue now is that the import is hanging at the "Synchronize Family Hierarchy" step. The last message in the Importing pop-up is "100% of source records imported".

Prior to this import, I bounced the MDM Server and re-loaded the Repository to ensure that mine was the only connection.

If I login to the Data Manager, I can see the imported Materials but they are not related to the Hierarchy positions as specified in the Import mapping.

Another interesting point is that if I view this Catalog in the SRM-MDM Portal, the Hierarchy specified in the Data Manager is not reflected in the Hierarchy in the Portal. I have cleared the Browser History to remove any cache issues.

Regards and thanks,

Martin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

However the Materials do not appear in the correct positions on the hierarchy when viewed in the SRM-MDM Catalog on the Portal. I would suggest you can stop your import server (MDIS) for some time. Once your file comes to ready folder it will not be imported (since MDIS services are stopped), so you can import this file using MDM Import Manager using Port where you can see in drop down the required file (it will come as enabled for file if it is available on ready folder), you need to select the correct remote system and some other properties respectively. Once imported, you can diagnose the reason and check your field and value mapping are correct or not.

Just try it out and revert with result.

Regards,

Mandeep Saini