Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PDF as Base64: An Error exists on this page

madanmohan_agrawal
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

In a scenario I am extracting the PDF file from archive and encoding it in BASE64 format.

At receiver side, while decoding the Base64 format, I am getting all the data correctly but an error is coming during display.

"An Error exists in this page. Acrobat may not display the page correctly. Please contact the person who created the PDF document to correct the problem."

Any suggestion please.

Thanks,

Madan Agrawal

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

madanmohan_agrawal
Contributor
0 Kudos

The spaces are getting truncated during the PDF file extraction.

it is working fine now, as we handle those spaces properly.

Thanks,

Madan Agrawal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi !!

I did the some, and while i was doing, i got the some error, it was beacuse i added few characters after encoding for other propouse, and then when i decoded and try to preview i got this error.

Check if you are doing something like that.

Regards

Edited by: Antonio Valladares Fernandez on Sep 21, 2011 12:28 PM

madanmohan_agrawal
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Antonio ,

We are converting PDF to String and then String to XString and then XString to Base64 format. We are not adding any other characters while encoding in Base64 format. Any Inputs on thsi please.

Madan Agrawal

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> We are converting PDF to String and then String to XString and then XString to Base64 format.

Are you sure that the receiver does exactly the same in reverse?

Why you do not simply convert the PDF binary direct to base64, which is the regular way to handle it?

I recommend to use a hex editor to compare the source and target byte by byte to compare, if they are identical.