Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How many messsages can we insert using JDBC receiver adapter in to DB

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

We are having 30 JDBC receiver interfaces in my current implementation project; load of JDBC receiver interfaces was 50 k messages per day and Performing only INSERT operation on data base.

We have created individual communication channel for every JDBC receiver interface and max concurrency value set in CC was 5.

Now we are testing all interfaces in quality with all possible cases, but we found that JDBC receiver adapter unable to process 50 k messages per day, we are on PI 7.1 EHP1 SP7.

Please share your experiences with JDBC adapter receiver like per day how many messages we can transfer.

Thanks a Ton,

Raj

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

Please increase consumer threads for JDBC.

Also set parameter "queueParallelism.maxReceivers". as you have increased concurrency to 5.

You can refer SAP NOTE "SAP Note 1136790 - Blocking receiver channel may affect the whole adapter type".

When you say you are inserting 50K records, does that mean you have 50K Messages in SAP PI?

If single message is having multiple records, then have you tried BATCH Mode & SQL DML ??

Regards,

Gouri

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

we are processing 50 k individual messages.

I have increased max threads for JDBC receiver to 20 but no luck same rate only . My questions here is how many messages we can trasfer using JDBC receiver adapter?

Regards,

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

we are processing 50 k individual messages.

>

> I have increased max threads for JDBC receiver to 20 but no luck same rate only . My questions here is how many messages we can trasfer using JDBC receiver adapter?

>

> Regards,

> Raj

Hi raj,

I have seen some interfaces that deal with upload of 5000 rows at a rime.. I don't there will be a restriction in the no of messages that can be transferred using the JDBC adapter as such unless until the requirement is so para-normal and in your case it is not

Kind regards

XA

Former Member
0 Kudos

I dont think there should be any limit. It depends upon the volume of individual message, PI server configuration, database configuration.

In fact I remember, in one of earlier assignment we had a master upload where we had uploaded more than 2-3L messages in one day through JDBC channels. Target DB was SQL.

Regards,

Gouri

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI XA/Gauri,

thanks alot guys for your valuable replies,

you view perfeclty correct, there was no issues with PI in my earlier projects (2 lacs messages processed).

I have tried all possible ways in PI but running without luck.

Now i am thinking out of PI,because network also plays very imporatent role in my case.

Regards,

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, Network plays an imp role. Please check available Band width. Also see how many connections are allowed at a time to target Database.

Pl contact yr network team and ask them to monitor the network while you are executing a test. If it is Band Width issue, then they will immediately figure out. There are some tools for this. I hope NW Team will be aware of it.

Also if possible ask them to create an another DB and pass the same amount of data from one Table to Another (Without PI) . If this transfer also takes long time then definately there is issue in DB.

Regards,

Gouri

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

thanks for your valuable replies,

still i am working on this issue.

Answers (0)