cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple results recording for Delivery inspection lot

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

My requirement is to configure for quality results recording for sales delivery document. Where client wants to record Customer, supplier, Umpire, etc results record for inspection characteristics.

I got response from few Sapiens that I should use Inspection point concept for multiple results recording. Could anyone cna tell me how can I do this.

Your help will be highly appreciated.

Thanks,

Kumar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am closing this thread, because I got solution for my problem.

the issue was with Inspection type ' 10' which doesn't also to maintain inspection points, so I used inspection type '02' goods issue and the issue is resolved. I can able to record multiple results for an inspection lot and also able to record at different inspection points such as 'Customer' 'Supplier' and '3rd Party etc.

Thanks for all the experts who had thrown light on this. Thank you very much.I wanted to rewards points but i am not able to do it. Now i am closing this thread.

Regards,

Mukesh

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear QM experts,

Thanks for your all time and efforts in proposing solution for the mentioned issue.

But, I am still not able to record the results. When I am clicking on "Results" on QA32, I am getting this message "Characteristics results cannot be recorded for inspection lot XXXXXXX". When I am clicking on the '?' button (help), The below message is coming.

Characteristic results cannot be recorded for inspection lot

Message no. QE181

Diagnosis

You cannot record any characteristic results for this inspection lot. The material master has been set up for the existing inspection type in such a way that results recording is not supported.

Procedure

Confirm defects for this inspection lot or select another inspection lot in which you can confirm the characteristic results.

Let me tell you, the configu settings I ddid for Inspection point are as follows:

1) Did the settings in Material Master - Using 10 - Inspection type

Ticked Inspection Task List

Automatic Assignment

Check Charac

Skips Allowed & Automatic UD

Serial No Possession

Qscore - 06 - From Usage Decision Code

Control Inslot - One Inspection lot for each item

Batch Management is active in material master. Each delivery has got one Batch with one Inspection lot.

2) Created Sampling procedure - Using "Fxed Sample" with "Manual Valuation"

3) Created Inspection Plan and assigned Material in "Material Assignment" tab

4) Insp Plan Header Settings are as follows

Usage - 6 (Goods Issue)

Status - 4 (Released General)

Insp Point - 100 (Freely defined Insp Point)

Change Paramets - 'No' under change paraments

5) I am using UoM ifor Operation 'MT' where as 'KG" for Inspction Characteristics" with Quantitative Characteristic

6) Maintained QV51 - Quality Info Record for customer and material with 'After delivery' and 'M' Sample.

Now, could you tell me if I am missing something or doing any mistake then kindly let me know. Its already been very long time, I have to start preparing Training documentation. as well. Any help or favour on this will be very highly appreciated.

Thanks again in advance for your time and effort.

Regards,

Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anand,

Firstly, accept my heartful thanks for putting in time and effort in helping me resolving the issue.

As per the requirement, I need to do the inspection point configuration, because as I mentioned its a mining industry, the quality inspection happens by the inspector or official at a pile. Pile is the place where a big iron ore (in thousands of tons) piled up. then the inspector goes around the pile and does the quality checking. That means, I have to use the inspection point configuration.

Now, could you tell me, what config I have to do to pop up the identification number box. Because, I did config '100' Freely Defined inspection point in QP01 (Header), maintained Dyn modi level & rule and also maintianed same Free inspection point in Sampling procedure (QDV2) as well. I created 2 Sampling procedures as per the SAP QM X17 BB document. I with SPC characteristic and another one without. Pls correct me if anything I am missing or wherever I am going wrong.

I created all required MIC's as per X17 SAP QM BB document again, and created 2 operations in Inspection Plan in QP01 with control keys QM01 & QM02.

When, I processed SO --> TWP --> Nomination --> Ticket --> This ticket is creating Material document, Sales Delivery document and PGI in background with batch and Inspection lot. This inspection lot I can able to view in QA32 Tcode, but in QE51N, this Inspection lot is not displaying to do the results recording. When I am clicking on 'Results' Tab, I am getting an pop up message "Characteristics Results cannot be recorded for inspection lot XXXXXXX". The message says that the QM settings in material master are such that, it doesn't allow Results recording. Let me tell you the settings in QM screen, I am using

10 - Inspection type -

Ticked Prefered ins type & Active

Ticked Serial no poss, insp task list, automatic assign, check chars, skys allowed, Automatic UD

Q score procedure - From Usage Decision code

Control Insp Lot - Inspection lot for each main item.

I am not able to processes any record the results even of an inspection lot. and I have to start preparing Training program. So, I need your help.

Also, in your mail, I got few doubts -

1) "When you click on results tab system will throw pop up for these 3 operations". This sounds something interesting, could you tell the confige settings for this.

2) "You need to use MIC with control indicator as long term charc for this is QS23" - I am not finding this in QS23 Tcode.

3) "This can be viewable against phi symbol" -

I didnt understand this.

I am desperately waiting for your prompt and valuable response on this.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Regards,

Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anand,

Firstly, thanks for your time and effort for responding to solve the issue.

I have already did step 1, 2 the step 3 and 4 also happening. But PGI is happening at the time of Inspection lot creation. As I am working on Mining industry but using ECC 6.0. but after SO creation, there are steps like Three way pegging, Nomination creation, Ticket creation and this ticket is triggering a m aterial document with Delivery order and PGI. And also creating an Inspection lot. This is not an issue.

The issue is coming when I am going to QE51N, here I am not getting the newly created inspection lots. Because I wanted results recording. Also, the client wants to do the multiple recording for their product (Iron Ore). Because they sell in thousand of tons in one order, so they do the recording multiple times. This is before Discharging to the customer.

Then, the customer, 3rd Party if required Umpire and others also do the recording and they send they results after 1-2 months. Therefore they wanted to track the initial results in system. Not only maintaining initial results they wanted to have the average values for their characteristics for ex: Iron when record 59% , 60% 58% then the average is 59. They wanted if QM as got this functionality.:

Thats the reason I wanted to use Inspeciton points fucntionality in it. So, I want to know whether can I use inspection points funcitonality for inspection type 10. If so, where can I create the inspection pints.

*You can create 3rd party or umpire as your MICs.*

1. Could you elaborate it. I didnt understand it

*If still you want to use inspection points here, you can. Just go to hader level in QP02 and assign inspection point as 100. Perhaps you need to use sampling procedure with free inspection points.*

I have done this, but I can getting an error in QA32 when I am clicking on "Results" tab "Characteristic results cannot be recorded for inspection lot XXXX"

I am also getting this message "Sample processing during inspections for delivery is not allowed" in QA02.

Kindly I need help, I have to finish it as soon as possible, next week I have to the training to user. So, I need your help, who has worked on this.

Thanks again in advance.

Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

"Results" tab "Characteristic results cannot be recorded for inspection lot XXXX"

--- you have to check your MM QM view and flag the "check chars" on your inspection type.

Generally Inspection points will be used to test the same material repeatedly. This has few config set up invloved if you want to define your own inspection point otherwise you could go with free inspection points provided by SAP.

Also you have to define your sampling procedures with free inspection points before you assign them in inspection plan at header level.

Hope this helps to fix those errors.

Mahee

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

Okay!

First of all letu2019s try to understand whether inspection points are really suitable for your requirement or not. Accordingly further errors can be eliminated. I just try to understand.

A- Using Inspection Points

1. Inspection points are used when you inspect the same parameters again and again.

2. When you click on results tab in QA32, system asks you put some identification number. Letu2019s say you put A1 and then press enter. Thereafter you record the actual results (LENGTH, WIDTH etc.) You save this without giving UD.

3. For the next time when you again click on results for the same inspection lot, system again asks you to put identification number. This time suppose you put A2. Then again you record the results (LENGTH, WIDTH) for A2.

4. Likewise you can retrieve the inspection results from system with respect to inspection point (identification point).

5. Typically this can be used for chemical industries where you record the temperature of the same chemical after every ½ an hour. Here 10:00 am, 10:30 am can be used as identifications numbers. As a result of which you can get the information that at 10:00 am temperature was 40 Deg and at 10:30 am it was 75 degree Celsius.

If your requirement resembles this situation, then only the use of inspection points would be fruitful.

B- Without Inspection Points

But if you want to record the readings by various agencies like customer, umpire (refer following pattern)and want to compare them there are other ways.

1. Reading by your inspector

a. LENGTH u2013 100, 101, 102mm (average is 101mm)

b. WIDTH - 10.50, 10.50, 10.60mm (average is 31.6mm)

2. Reading by customer

3. Reading by umpire

You can achieve this without using inspection points also. For this in QP02 you need to create 3 operation; Inspector, Customer and umpire respectively. Feed the MICs in each of these operations. When you click on result tab system will throw pop up for these 3 operations. Double click on Umpire if you want to record results noted by umpire. Likewise for rest of the operations. You can do this even after UD also (after 1-2 months also). You need to use MIC with control indicator as long term characteristics for this in QS23.

Regarding averaging of results u2013 This can be achieved using single result recording MIC with or without inspection points. Use appropriate sampling procedure. When you feed results in QA32 system automaticaaly averages out the reading. This can be viewable against phi symbol.

Finally you did mention that u201Chere I am not getting the newly created inspection lotsu201D. Does that mean inspection lot (10 origin) has not created?

Regards,

Anand Rao

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amlan,

Yeap! I know that there are many other configuration I have to do.

I already did MIC, Inspection plan, Usage Decision, Recording results etc.

But I ahve n't done Test Standards could you let me know, what other things I have to do.

The requriement is simple, the client wants to do RR multiple times before dispatching on inspection lot and after dispatch, he wanted to record results of Supplier, 3rd party and Umpire.

All these RR should be in the system for their future correspondence.

Also, before dispatching, when the multiple RR happens on the same Batch or lot, that should be weighted average.

These are the requirements which client is looking at.

Thanks for your quick response, if you can tell me various bits and pieces I have to configure or settings I have to do, then let me know. Your help will be appreicated.

Thanks,

Mukesh

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Mukesh,

The simplest way that I know is,

1. Assign inspection type 10 in material master in QM view.

2. Create inspection plan through QP01 with appropriate usage.

3. As soon outbound delivery is created, system generates one inspection lot of 10 origin.

4. You cannot carry out PGI until you clear this lot.

Generally multiple times result recording for the same lot is used for in-process inspection where lot size is not fixed. For example, the production line is continuous and you inspect the material after 50 numbers or after every ½ hour. Under such circumstances use of inspection points is inescapable. You define such inspection point at header level in inspection plan. As per requirement you can customize these points too!

But the case while dispatching differs from above situation. Here the lot size is fixed. Why you canu2019t use fixed sampling procedure or using sampling schemes here? System goes on generating inspection lot for every delivery. You can create 3rd party or umpire as your MICs.

If still you want to use inspection points here, you can. Just go to hader level in QP02 and assign inspection point as 100. Perhaps you need to use sampling procedure with free inspection points.

Regards,

Anand Rao

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mukesh,

It not just about inspection point. There are lot other master data like MIC, Quality Plan, Info Rec, Test Standards, UD codes and many other things are required.

Also a clear business requirements needs to be drafted before indulging into SAP configuration.

Regards,

Amlan C