cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is possible forecast from DP to PPDS w characteristic use with CDP block?

former_member584840
Participant
0 Kudos

We have set up a test scenario with CDP (Characteristic Dependant Planning) setting to utilize Block Planning and I want to send the demand quantities from DP to PPDS, in a way that the characteristic sent with the Demand Plan (eg Product, Location and Colour = Red) will then match the block when creating the PPDS order (eg Block = Colour Red)

I have tried 2 methods so far which have not worked, and I am wanting to find out if it is possible to send demand planning volumes to use with PPDS CDP Blocks?

Following the process outlined in these areas

Planning with Characteristics

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm70/helpdata/en/fa/e943401a306f13e10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm

PPDS and planning with characteristics

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm70/helpdata/en/a2/90b83b06855a4ae10000000a11402f/frameset.htm

Cannot use CBF and CDP together on the one client

I have tried these 2 methods.

1. Setting up CBF (Characteristic Based Forecasting) in DP and trying to send these to PPDS CDP. That was before I found the above help guide that tells me this is not possible. The data went across from DP to PPDS, but the results were a mess, the wrong values to the wrong characteristics.

2. Tried sending Demand planning with standard characteristics from DP to PPDS, and this initially looked like it would work. Consumption group, Product, Location, ZCOLOUR (created a BW type info-object called ZCOLOUR which I put in the DP Planning object)

But when sending to PPDS, the COLOUR = RED comes over as a "desciptive characteristic", which is different to the manually created forecast in PPDS which is colour = RED within CLASS ZZZBLOCK Characteristic ZCOLOUR (Value = red), which comes up as a seperate tab on the requirement.

So the two ZCOLOURS of the infoobject ZCOLOUR and the Characteristic within Class 400 ZCOLOUR do not talk to each other ,and PPDS does not recognize the object, so cannot create any PPDS orders with block relevant characteristics.

The SAP help just talks about "create an ECC sales order" to use to feed demand into the CDP Blocks, so possibly it is not possible to map Demand Plan data to PPDS CDP Blocks. Has anyone got this to work?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member584840
Participant
0 Kudos

Get some feedback from Frank Horlacher which should solve this.

For the CBF scenario

BADI

/SAPAPO/DM_BADI_CONF

implement

and change the global settings

/n/SAPAPO/RRPCUST1

to

Propogation active at client level.

Seems to pick up the characteristics and link to the class 400 in initial tests.

frank_horlacher
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Please check the following:

Use consumption group with CBF characteristics. The CBF characteristics need to be in the consumption group!

The consumption group has to be assigned to the u2018demandu2019-view of the

product master

The assignment of the consumption group to the release settings (transaction

/SAPAPO/MC90)

If you want to Make-to-Stock Segment implement the BADI:

From a configuration point of view it is required to activate the BAdI

/SAPAPO/DM_BADI_CONF and add following line of coding to the method

CONFR_FILL:

method /sapapo/if_ex_dm_badi_conf~confr_fill.

et_stra_details-plnvp = 9.

endmethod.

former_member584840
Participant
0 Kudos

BADI works and solved problem. Thanks.

Answers (0)