cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

plan cost for activity element

Former Member
0 Kudos

My internal activity can calculate plan cost from a workcenter properly , but while I append a activity element(internal) and add the same worcenter and data the activity element does not calculate plan cost , but if I confirm the activity element it gives actual cost.

What possibly be the problem could any one tell me? is there any setting seperately for activity element?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Where exactly are you checking if the plan cost is getting calculated or not? Did you check any of the standard reports to see if the report displays the plan cost for the activity element? There are no seperate settings as such for activity elements.

Check the reports and revert.

Regards,

Gokul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks. I am using CJ20N and then selecting the activity element I am following the path edit>cost>Plan/actual

When I try to recaulutate the cost by edit>cost>update cost then I get generic error :

"Object was not costed

Message no. CK060

Diagnosis

The system could not find any entries that are relevant to costing.

System Response

The system did not cost the object.

Procedure

Check whether the following objects should be flagged as relevant to costing:

Items in the BOM

Display BOM

Operations in the routing

Control key in the routing

1. Look at the message log.

2. Check whether a quantity was specified in the confirmation."

But while calculate cost for an internal activity it is calculating cost.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are you using the same control key for activity & element? The control key must be relevant for costing for system to calculate costs.

Also if the network is not calculating costs automatically, you may have to run costing manually. Click on element and press Ctrl+F10.

Regards

Shrikant

Edited by: Shrikant Rakate on Sep 21, 2011 3:09 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just now I have checked it is taking the same control key automatically. Yes I am manually calculation cost but it does not giving any error but cost is showing as 0. Is there any different setting any where for activity element, because internal activity is able to calcutale cost perfectly with the same parameter.