cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Workspace installation for SUP Personal Developer Edition

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have the software for installing Sybase Unwired Platform Personal Developer Edition. With this edition, can we install workspaces on different systems to access the server or should everything be on a single system including the workspace? Do let me know.

Thanks & Regards,

Vaishnavi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

Which edition i have to install in Server 2008 so i can used Sybase workspace in Local/Client Machine ?

I am using SUP 2.0 and i want to used Sybase workspace in 3 local machine from Windows Server 2008 ? so please suggest me ...

regards,

Tapan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, we cannot install the workspace on another system since it is the personal developer edition. Thanks for the help!

Flavio
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vaishnavi,

If I am not tactless, may I ask you how did you succed in getting the SUP Personal Developer Edition?

I am asking this because I would be greatly interested in testing it, but unfortunately I got no feedback from Sybase.

Thanks a lot for helping

Bye,

Flavio

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Flavio,

We had attended an SUP training in SAP where they had given us a 1 month trial version of the Personal Developer Edition.

Thanks & Regards,

Vaishnavi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Personal Developer Edition includes:

Unwired Server

Afaria

Eclipse development tools

OpenDS LDAP server

Default is NOT to auto-start services

Requirements:

All SAP Unwired Platform components must be installed on the same machine

Allows for a maximum of five synchronization clients for Unwired Server and Afaria Server

=============================

Enterprise Developer Edition includes:

Unwired Server

Afaria

Eclipse and Visual Studio development tools

OpenDS LDAP server

Default is NOT to auto-start services

Enables installation and configuration of different components on different machines

Allows a maximum of 20 synchronization clients for Unwired Server and Afaria Server

============================

Deployment Edition includes only:

Unwired Server

Afaria components

There are NO Tooling IDEs

Enables installation and configuration of components on a separate machine

Intended for use in a production environment

Initially, servers are configured with the u201CNoAuthu201D security providers

Default is to auto-start services

Thanks

Pradeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Exactly, your workspace may be in another place, for example, I have it in my laptop and SUP is installed in another machine.

former_member745479
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vaishnavi,

I don't think it is possible. If I can recall, SUP personal developer edition won't give you an option to install workspace, Unwired Server, and CDB to be installed in different systems.

What you can do from SUP Personal developer is you can connect to a common enterprise developer edition.

Regards,

Viju