Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

debit note and credit note

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I would like to seek advice.

1) if have to create debit note or credit note due to billing value whether over bill or under bill, how should i create debit or credit note? should i create from VA01 also?

2) how to relate my original billing to my debit note or credit note?

3) if debit note or credit note not related to billing, i need to create from VA01. correct?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

Either with reference or without reference

You have to create it in VA01 only. Debit or credit memo request

regards

Prashanth

former_member223456
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Novo

A credit note is a kind of invoice. An invoice can be created with reference to either Sales Order,Delivery order or another invoice. For creating invoice with reference to Sales Order, the item category billing relevance should be B.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Novo,

Ans. Configuration step:

1. VOV8: G2/CR or L2/DR

2. You may create CR or DR note with or without reference to sales order. In VOV8: select reference mandatory: C (with ref to Sales order)

3. Item cate : G2N/ L2N

4. VOV4: item cate assignment

5. VTFA Billing doc to Sales order. copy control at header and item level.

Ans 1. After this configutation, go to VA01 and create.

Ans 2. If you select reference mandatory: go to VA01, create with ref, select sales order.

Ans 3. Yes. With reference or without reference, steps remains the same for Cr or Dr note.

Apart from this, SAP also has billing block feature.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Thanks for the reply.

1) if the credit note or debit note not refer to any prior invoice, i also need to create from VA01 as a request?

2) continue point 1 if YES, then via VA01 will not have any reference to invoice. Correct?

3) So whether reference or without reference to prior original billing, also have to create the request in VA01. correct?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Credit/Debit memo (billing doct) can be created in 2 ways : (vf01)

1) With ref to sales doct ( credit/debit memo request, va01)

For this, set the relavant copy control settings. (order to billing)

2) With ref to original billing doct (invoice)

For this, set the relavant copy control settings ( billing to billing)

• Invoice correction request, can also be considered as another option.**

Rgds

Sumanth.G

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

To clarify.

For the below, do i need to create from VA01? As I was told in forum, whether refer to request or original invoice, i have to create from va01.

2) With ref to original billing doct (invoice)

For this, set the relavant copy control settings ( billing to billing)

Need advice.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Credit note can be raised with reference or with out reference,it depends on the client interest,but in standerd business process all the credit note or debit note will be raised with reference to the preceding document.Any document which is raised with refernce to preciding document then you must ensure that copy control should be set for the documents.(copy control between Invoice to order and order to invoice)

Process for with reference is,

Raise credit memo(CR) or debit memo request(DR) with T code VA01-give the document type CR or DR and sales area,then select with reference tab,there click on invoice(Reference document) and enter invoice number then click on copy button,then total info will get copy-give the order reason and change the quantity or value as per the requirement,then save the document.

Raise the invoice(Credit note or Debit note) with T code VF01,give the order number and press enter,check the value or quatity is appearing as per the requirement or not,then save the document(Credit note or debit note).

Thanks

Siva.k

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Novocar,

If you want to give the debit/credit note to customer you have to first create the debit/credit memo request(VA01).With reference to the debit/credit memo request you create the Debit/Credit memo(VF01).

The best practice suggest, If you want to create debit memo request take original billing document as a reference document for further references.

Don't forget to set the copy controls in between the F2-G2(credit memo req) & G2(credit memo req) to G2(Credit memo).

Plz revert back if any further clarifications required.

Raghavendra.k

madhu_vadlamani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Novo,

That procedure depends on your company business scenario.if there is any return in sales then you can create sales order with respective to the invoice for that items.

Regards,

Madhu.