Did you mean: 

7.20 Patch 8 - Local Data / History Breaks on Windows 7

Former Member
0 Kudos

On Windows 7 - With SAPGui 7.20 Patch 6 installed you will find the following;

Open SAP Logon, Click Options, Local Data, History ... path will be

filled in as C:\Users\(userid)\AppData\Roaming\Sap\SAP Gui\History

Everything works just fine.

NOW un-Install Patch 6 ... reboot, and install SAPGui 7.20 Patch 8.

You will find the field for path to history is BLANK. History will not

work within the Gui.

Users must manually browse to the folder (within local data options)

and then it will populate and history within the Gui will resume

working.

Customer Support Message 0000777626 2011 submitted

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

henrimuller
Explorer
0 Kudos

Bob,

Did SAP provide or commit on any fix ? in which patch level ?

Henri

jude_bradley
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Henri,

The issue will be fixed in the upandcoming patch 9

Note 1053737 gives the release date schecule for the patches.

Expected release date for this patch is week 44 (but can change at short notice).

Regards,

Jude

Former Member
0 Kudos

Henri,

Note 1633253 although focused on a BI patch causing this issue with Local Data History ... provides a fix that works.

I'm working with support to have them modify this note so that it also applies to installation of Patch 8 for the gui. The customer message I have open on this is: 0000777626 2011

In the note they say will be fixed in Patch 9, but offer option 2 which is to d/l file SapGuiVars.xml and replace it on your installation server.

Worked for me!

Bob H

Former Member
0 Kudos

How do you uninstall patch 6? I thought once patches were applied, the SAP GUI needs uninstalled to remove the "patch".

Also, why wouldn't you just apply patch 8 with out the need to "uninstall" patch 6?

If you just apply patch 8 on top of SAGUI sp6, does the issue still occur?

Regards,

Zecher

Former Member
0 Kudos

Michael,

Thanks for looking at my post.

Install of SAPGUi 7.20 Patch 8 on brand new pc's results in the history path being 'empty'. That is what I was testing by first un-installing patch 6. Once I found the issue I then confirmed it on pc's that never had SAPGui installed. Patch 8 ... leaves the history location path BLANK.

The install is being done from a fully functional SAP Installation Server, 'Check Server' reports NO errors. The server started out as 7.20 patch 3, was then patched to 6, and then patched to 8 along with SapSetup_Patch.exe per note: 1587566

Also getting same issue on WinXP computers.

I did try your idea of applying patch 8 directly to a front end which had patch 6 (with the history path filled out). As you might expect ... all was fine since the user already had relevant SAP folders and files in their %UserProfile% location.

I also found that logging on with another account after that which had never logged on before ... got the history path too.

So it's only brand new installs off an Installation Server that cause the problem.

Bob

Edited by: Bob Held on Sep 21, 2011 6:03 PM

Edited by: Bob Held on Sep 21, 2011 6:29 PM

Edited by: Bob Held on Sep 21, 2011 7:31 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

SAP Customer Support Message 777626 / 2011 response is that other customers have also reported this when running 7.20 Patch 8 install from an installation server.

Bob