cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Newbie into SAP, need your suggestions

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear SAP Forum,

I am very new to SAP, currently i am doing my Masters in Information Technology and Management from School of Management in University of Texas at Dallas. This semester i am going with Business Intelligence Software and Techniques and System Analysis and Project Management.

Next semester i wanna go with Enterprise Resource Planning, Business Data Warehousing with SAP, Advanced Business Intelligence.

And we do have a SAP certification (Link:http://www.utdallas.edu/orgs/sug/info/sug_certification.html).

May i know what is the scope or what kind of job roles do i get with these subjects in hand.

Regards

Harikrishna Yarramsetty

MS in ITM

SOM UTD

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

JarleiN
Active Participant

What do you like to do ?

DO you like Production ? Get envolved with planning, MRP, Workcenter, PCP, stay in touch with production order, and operators, shop floor systems. So, this way, your path is a carrer in PP (SAP Module for Production Planning).

But, if you don't like to 'dirty their hands', maybe you will like Sales - SD module.

If you like or feel comfortable with numbers, accouting, talk with the Board of Company, take a look in CO and / or FI.

If you mind ir more analitycal, maybe you must work with BI (BW), or FSCM.

So, any of this is nice for you, and you have a mind more logical, you like control de code, try ABAP, a module to learning do make programs in SAP.

There are a lot of options inside SAP, all very good for who is starting, but you must firstly think what do you like to do....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Harikrishna Yarramsetty,

I recommend the SAP course if you have plans to get into SAP Consulting. From your post I assume that you understand the scope of ERP. Considering your technical background you choose between.

1. SAP ABAP Technical Consultant.

2. SAP Functional Consultant (you can choose any a specific module, but relevant industry experience is preferred).

Thank you,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am a "Functional User" of SAP in the Utility sector, for about 4 lyears now. I am looking to get into the Analyst side of the house and do a career change.

I'm in Northern California (Sacramento) and am looking at CSU Chico for gaining some A:)implementation and deployment skills B:) a little more of the ABAP programming skillset.

I have a PMP credential and this is what I'm looking at as my "niche" to be an independent contractor.

Any more suggestions on certs, tutorials, classes, books, networking?

Thanks all,