cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BCV-Problems occured in dashboard key initialization

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

we have the BCV BF activated and for one user the BCV on a review runs fine(with two options on the dashboard for 'reporting cockpit for items' and 'Reporting cockpit for initiatives') but another user its jus displays "Problems occured during dashboard key initialization No dashboards found'. Both the users have the same BCV roles at the back end. Am i missing any user level settings?

Pls suggest.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

mariano_sabiche
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sujata;

I had been facing the same problem.

You have to Assign the User/User Group to the Dashboard, with the follow steps:

1) Go to BCV (BCV Home page)

2) Select in "Dashboard" the "All" option (in Active Queries)

3) Select the "Context Key" of: 1RPM_BUCKET, 1RPM_INITIATIVE, 1RPM_ITEM, and the ID Dashboard that the user want to use.

4) If you already selected the ID Dashboard, click on "Edit" or click on the "hiperlink" of the ID Dashboard (it's the same).

5) Click on the option "Assign Auth. Holder" and select the option "Assign User"

6) Put the User ID in the new window "Select User", and click on the line of the User that you put.

7) Click on "OK".

😎 Click on "Save" to save the modification.

And now, your User have to see the Dasboard and queries.

Remember, do it for all of the Dashboard that your user wanted to see.

Hope this help you.

Best regards.

Mariano

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Mariano,

i appreciate your detailed reply. i am bit confused when you say BCV home page. i tried to get to get to it both on portal and on back end. i am not able to find it. Does this need BCV_ADMIN role by any chance? Please let me know where is the BCV home page i need to look for.

Pls reply.

Regards,

Sujata.

mariano_sabiche
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sujata;

Well, I think that it's the problem.

To get the BCV Home Page, go to the SAP Menu (in SAP PPM system).

User Menu -> Business Context Viewer -> Configuration Center -> Business Context Viewer Homepage

You need to Assign the Rol to the users:

SAP_CPR_BCV_USER (for cProject or Project Management)

SAP_RPM_BCV_USER (for xRPM ot Portfolio Management)

Hope this help you.

Best regards,

Mariano

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks very much Mariano,

i think this is it. i got the BCV admin role on portal and i could do what you suggested.

I may need to wait for somemore time to see if the issue is resolved at the user side.

Thanks

Sujata.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mariano,

The authorizations on the queries has not worked on the end users. They are still seeing the "dashboards not found" when they access the reporting cocking . Is there anything the users are missing in terms of authorization?

Pls reply.

mariano_sabiche
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sujata;

I think that you haven't been assigned all users to the Dashboard.

Put all the users in the "Assign Auth". Remember that you have to put this modifications in an Transport Order or you have to do it in every system.

Wich is the dashboard you have this error?

There are no other activities to fix this without changing the BCV query in "Dashboards" and "Evaluations".

Hope this help you.

Best regards.

Mariano

Answers (0)