Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Empty Tag in syndicator XML output

former_member283645
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a requirement where i need to generate Blank Tags if there is not value from MDM.

Ex: A fieldhas no values init in MDM.

Now when i map this field to the XSD in Syndicator, I dont see this tag to be generated. As there is no value in this field.

If i set this field as mandatory in XSD, then i can see

<Material_Number/>

I wish to see it as ..

<Material_Number><Material_Number/>

Is it possible by any setting in Syndicator.. which provides the Output XML as <Material_Number><Material_Number/>

when a field is blank.

Kind Regards

Eva

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eva,

Is it possible by any setting in Syndicator.. which provides the Output XML as <Material_Number><Material_Number/>

when a field is blank.

As per your requirement, you can use Destination Properties of the target field in Destination tab where you can set default text as space using space bar of your keyboard which would give you output as <Material_Number> <Material_Number/>

Note: Static text property is quite risky as even if you have some value coming up from source (MDM system), static will overwrite that existing value of MDM which is not the right way. So using default text property makes sense as it will not overwrite but for only Null(empty value) records it will use space.

Kindly revert with result.

Regards,

Mandeep Saini

former_member283645
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mandeep,

I tried By giving a space in STATIC text field But i am not able to save this.

It is expecting Some value there and not spaces.

Kind Regards

Eva

former_member283645
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Static Text and Default text options in 'destination items' are not allowing me to include a space !!!

Is there any trick to include space over here..

Kind Regards

Eva

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Use the character '/' as the static text, as this will be treated as blank in the R/3 system,

this works for DEBMAS, CREMAS,

Which idoc are you using.

One other position is if you have a PI/XI system, in the PI mapping you can generate the necessary blank tags

regards,

Abhishek

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Yes, as correctly stated by abhishek above, use / in the static text property.

Note: this will not give you blank xml Tags , instead it will override any other value present in MDM for that field and will give

you a tag like <Material_Number>/<Materiial_Number>.

/ is interpreted as 'do not update existing values'. so your material number in the target system will not change and remain as it is.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Sounds like MDM cannot generate Xml tags with blank spaces init.

KR

John

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eva,

As I have suggested in my other post please create a DUMMY value for this in MDM.

If you use "/",target Idoc will treat as no value.

If you use "DUMMY" or some value which means no value in target system then PI can update this field based on this condition.

Thanks,

Ravi

former_member283645
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for the responses.

Sounds like mdm cannot generate Empty Tag.

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eva,

As rightly mentioned in above post this can be achieved by filling in a dummy value in that field which can be interpreted as no value in the target system.If this is to be done for many fields then you can do this with help of conditional assignments,filling dummy value in the empty fields.You can also achieve this by sending in static values from syndicator,so that everytime dummy value is sent in that tag from MDM.

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

It is not possible to generate empty tag.

The system that reads the syndicated xml file should update the field as blank in case there is no tag.

Otherwise populate a actual value like "null" by default in the syndicated file from MDM.

This value "null" in target system should be interpreted as blank. So there needs to be a value mapping defined between systems.

Thanks,

Shambhu.