cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No inspection lot can be opened for this material and vendor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

This is related to Inspection lots havign first article inspections. All these time the status of the Q info REcord was 03- Quality alert Insp. executed. This is the last status and the inspection happened as normal with inspection type 01. But for one of the inseciton lots the insection type got changed to Y01 from 01 and the status in Q info record went to 01- Supplier RElation started. For now I asked the users to close the pending lot so that they can recieve the next PO's but not able to understand how it got changed automatically.

As per the Status profile it is

Next status Short Text Origin Insp. Type.

0001 Supply relationship started 01 01

0002 1. st Article Insp. executed 01 Y01

0003 Quality Alert Insp. executed

The only thing i noticed that it was recieved by different user and thought hence it might have got reset to status 0001 but checked the roles and he has B_USERSTAT and the object type QIN.

Pls guide on where I can look.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sujith ,

After doing a lot of research I was able to justify that the status changes were made either due to Material Master having a variant of 01 origin as preferred Or that the previous inspection lot was rejected Or Very rare case that somone manually updated the status in Q Info record.

I had proof for the first two reasons but for the last even though I was able to reason or justify the cause but it was not satisfactory. Basically the time in the change history for inspection lot changes and the time in Q Info record chnage history did not match up. Some case it showed that Info record was change just before the lot was created and hence the lot was subjected to first Inspection and some cases it showed that the status was changed just after (like few seconds) after the lot was created. Not sure why but there was no other explanation that I could find for those lots...very few lots.

Thanks for your suggestions . Really appreciate it.

Naik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sujith ,

After doing a lot of research I was able to justify that the status changes were made either due to Material Master having a variant of 01 origin as preferred Or that the previous inspection lot was rejected Or Very rare case that somone manually updated the status in Q Info record.

I had proof for the first two reasons but for the last even though I was able to reason or justify the cause but it was not satisfactory. Basically the time in the change history for inspection lot changes and the time in Q Info record chnage history did not match up. Some case it showed that Info record was change just before the lot was created and hence the lot was subjected to first Inspection and some cases it showed that the status was changed just after (like few seconds) after the lot was created. Not sure why but there was no other explanation that I could find for those lots...very few lots.

Thanks for your suggestions . Really appreciate it.

Naik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you check the Usage decision of Previous lot( before status reset) ,If that lot is rejected then also status can be reset.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes Sujit. We went through a lot of stuff and figured out that the Revel Level changes in MAterial MAster might have some influence in this changing or resetting the status in Info REcord. The user have been recieving a lot of lots and all were accepted but suddenly since last week some of the lots had firt article inspections.

To elaborate more on the findings, The PO's were created last year with old Reveision level. Between then and now the revision level got changed and everytime this chnage happens the SRM creates new Q Info REcords .But since they recieve the PO the lot get created with First article inspoection. The inspection lot revision leve still shows the old one though.

The system may be understands that the revision level got changed and flip the status in the Info REcord to firt article inspection. but this info record is still for the old revision level and not the new one. So this is where I'm not a ble to understand how this is working . One side it may recognise the revision level got changed and flips the status in Info REcord to Firsst Article inspection but on the other hand the Inspection Lot revision level is for the old one.

Im not sure if Im explaing this enough but any lead would be helpful and may be I can find follow-up more with the forum too.

Thanks for the reply

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well first thing system will not jump to initial stage for revision reason.

Now coming back to old revision ..What would have happened is ,

There was Quality info record exists with the Old rev.When revision changed system will look for latest info record with latest revision.Considering the fact that you have not created info record for latest revision ,then system should have thrown an error.

So there could be a possibility that your new PO still refers to old revision & hence still considering the old Q info record and someone manually temperd the supply relationship status in Q info record.

So you have to again jump to old status manually in QI02.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I agree that this would have happened. I was able to reason why majority of the lots went to First article as all of them were for old revision level and also the PO's . They never received from this vendor before after activating the Q Info Record.

Regarding manually tampering the status, For one lot I looked at all possible scenarios and still not able to reason on why it got changed to First article suddenly in the middle. It has only one revision level and have been receiving from the same vendor. All previous lots were accepted and there was no changes in the material master as well. The only justification I have is that the user might have tampered the status in Q Info manually. But I have no way of proving this. Do I? There has to be some place where this record of flipping the status in Q Info should be getting recorded. Any idea?

Regarding next steps we will be getting the list of all Q info records created by SRM for new revision levels and ask the user to update them to "Inspection active" under Insp. Control field. Using may be some Mass updates. Until they have the PO's for new revision level they will have to accept all old lots depending upon what status they are in for the Q info record.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can check change history in QI03

or

check Tables CDHDR & CDPOS input as Table name as QINF