Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem during DB2 Online Backup restore using HP Data Protector

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are facing an issue during DB2 Online Backup using HP data protector. Issue is our system got crashed, So we are trying to build new system by restoring online db2 backup using HP data protector (Following DB backup restore method of system copy).

Our restore finished successfully but while performing Roll forward recovery, it is giving error-

It is looking for log file S0000XXX.LOG whose time stamp is older than the time stamp of online backup. So, while giving below command

db2 rollforward db <SID> overflow log path <path to archive log files)

It is giving below error:

SQL4970N Roll forward recovery on database <SID> cannot reach the specified stop point (end-of-log or point-in-time) on database partition "0". Roll forward recovery processing has halted on log file S0000XXX.LOG.

I searched number of threads on SDN but nothing happened. Please suggest if someone has faced this problem earlier.

Thanks

Sunny

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

When we query the status what it results ?

db2 rollforward database dbname query status

We need to check db2diag.log when you executed the rollforward command too.

Thanks

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I don't have the system access now. But when we run query command, it shows db status as db_working and it asks fro next log file S0000XXX.LOG.

But as I see in this query command, last committed transaction time stamp is later than the time stamp of archive file that system is looking for. So, as per my understanding it should look for archive file that comes after last committed transaction in the database.

Thanks

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Do you have above said log file available ?

Instead of the option 'Overflow log path', did you try rollforward with the option of timestamp (point in time) (till the time you have the log files) Or with the option overflow log path but with 'NORETRIEVE' as well ?

For the query status command, Last committed transaction time stamp is not what you thought.

Please revise the command options,

http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/db2luw/v8/index.jsp?topic=/com.ibm.db2.udb.doc/core/r000197...

'It is looking for log file S0000XXX.LOG whose time stamp is older than the time stamp of online backup.'

If you want to restore only until the online backup, then use the option End of Backup and stop - to rollforward until the last log when backup was in progress

Thanks