cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[CUP 5.3] Error while email validation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

Anyone seen this before in CUP 5.3 SP15?

I have an access request form in which I allow user lookup. The user lookup is linked with an SAP HR system.

When I search users on name, only the users that have an emailaddress filled in in the infotypes show up in my list. Users without an emailaddress are not shown. I can only get them in my search results when I specifically search for them on user ID.

When I then select the user without emailaddress and insert him/her into my access request form, I always receive the "error creating request" message. The log tells me:

2011-09-20 15:29:28,326 [SAPEngine_Application_Thread[impl:3]_24] ERROR EUCreateRequestAction.java@224:loadHandler() : Error while email validation = E-mail address

Users with an emailaddress are no problem.

Even when I fill in an emailaddress manually, CUP apparently keeps using the emailaddress from the infotype.

Anyone know how to resolve this?

Thanks in advance,

Edited by: Lanssens Tom on Sep 20, 2011 6:09 PM (spelling)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You're probably validating the email address from HR system to CUP..and it keeps failing for the userids that do not have email address set up in SAP HR. Once you remove the email validation in CUP for SAP HR set up, then it should work.

Look in CUP > configuration>Provisioning>system>continue-->and see if you have email address of AE field vs SAP HR system set up. Remove that validation or update and it should work or you need to look into the SAP HR trigger fields configuration what you're bringing in to CUP from SAP HR and remove the email validation look up.

Hope that helps.

Regards,

Alley

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alley,

Thanks for your answer.

I checked the "Field Mapping" > Provisioning section, but the only field mapping I use is for a custom field to my user group. I'm not linking to an emailaddress.

I'm not using SAP HR triggers and have nothing defined in there.

Any other suggestions?

Best regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tom,

If you doesn't want to validate with e-mail address why don't you try to change the User e-mail address to Non-mandatory under request form customization so that e-mail address will not be considered.

Thanks and Best Regards,

Srihari.K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Srihari,

User Email Address is a Mandatory field which cannot be changed. The only option to change is to turn off "Editable". However, if I do that I receive the warning "It is better to make the field editable, because the end user cannot submit the request, if the field value is not available in the user's data source".

I know that the best solution/workaround is to make sure that all users in the HR list have an emailaddress, so we are going to follow up on this with a script. Still, I would like to know why I can't find nor work with users that don't have an emailaddress, and why I can't update their emailaddress myself manually via the CUP.

Best regards,

Tom

Answers (0)