Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Universe Designer executable version mismatch about window

carlos_castrilln
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Recently I've upgrade my local SAP BO Client Tools XI 3.1 from SP3 to SP3 FP3.6. My SO is Windows Vista.

Checking new tools versión we have surprisingly encountered that designer.exe executable program versión is 12.3.6.1006 but when it is opened splash and about window show 12.3.0.670.

We though we are executing the right versión (12.3.6.1006) and what is show in splash and about windows is not correct.

But we would like to find an explanation. Does anyone have seen the same?

Is it a bug?

Thanks,

Carlos

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Carlos,

Can you answer below questions?

1. What is version/content of ProductId.txt at the root of win32_x86 folder of your setup.

i.e. $Install_DIr$\Program File\Business Objects\BusinessObjects Enterprise 12.0\

2. What is version at registry key: -

\SOFTWARE\Business Objects\Suite 12.0\default\BusinessObjects\BusObj Configuration\BusinessDesigner

Well you can verify same at your server machine as well and check if you facing the same version problem.

Regards,

Vivek

carlos_castrilln
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

Thanks for your help.

1. We can't find that file ProductId.txt on our local machine

2. SOFTWAREBusiness ObjectsSuite 12.0defaultBusinessObjectsBusObj ConfigurationBusinessDesigner

Version=12.3.0.601

And that is not correct, because we think it was actually installed FP3.6 versión (12.3.6.1006). Installation worked fine and there is not errors in installation log generated.

BOE is on Linux and in CMC we can see it is on 12.3.6.1006. What we think FP3.6 is well installed.

Thinking again on it, we have seen that this problem has happen on Windows Vista, but not in XP. May be the problem is in installation on Vista?. We are going to test this issue...

Thanks,

Carlos

carlos_castrilln
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

We have finished an installation upgrade of BO XI 3.1 Client Tools FP 3.6 on Windows XP

In this case (Windows XP) versión is correctly shown on splash and about window, so this problem seem to be related with the upgrade process on Windows Vista

Regards,

Carlos