cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fault message in Asynchronous messages - SXMB_MONI in PI problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am working on File to Proxy asynchrnous interfaces. I am using fault message type on inbound message interfaces.

I have done all the configuration according to below link

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2006/11/02/fault-message-types--a-demo-part-1

After raising the exception, I can see messages are being failed in ECC , but in PI moni, message status is successfully status.

I want PI message status "Application Error".

Any idea.

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Just letting you know fault message is not something message could not be processed or due to system error mesg failed or so.

Using fault message to show business errors for the application. Example if the request message does not have purchase order number, then fault mesg could be "Purchase order is missing". In this case, Pi will respond with fault message. But this is successful processing end to end.

Basically you get response from ECC as fault message not wrong in it. SO PI will show only success log.

Dont confuse messages failing due to system downtime or network issues or firewall issue with application or business logic errors. Hope that helps.

rodrigoalejandro_pertierr
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you will get the message status "Application Error" in the ECC system when the execution of the proxys fails.

PI status will be Ok because the engine pass correctly the message to the proxy runtime in the ECC system. so go to SXMB_MONI in the ECC system and check the proxy execution status.

Rgds

RP