cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP PPM Processes and Governance

Former Member
0 Kudos

Within the next year my organization will migrate from Clarity to SAP PPM. On the technical side things are moving according to plan, but I am concerned about the non-technical issues. Specifically, I could use some suggestions for implementing the Processes, Procedures, and Governance needed to fully support our PPM system. While we have a few processes and governance practices in place today with Clarity (Intake Process, Project Review Boards, Scoring Models, Executive Dashboards, etc.), I am interested in what others are doing to support their SAP PPM environments.

Can anyone in this forum provide me with suggestions for training, documentation, books, learning aids, or personal experiences that will help me better manage our PPM environment?

Thanks in advance,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ray,

Just happened to read this one, not sure if its too late....

For every implementation the legacy system will be a very key influencing factor in making any decisions. I would say provide proper training to the existing resources and have the same Processes, Procedures, and Governance that you currently have for your Clarity system. The same legacy  clarity Intake Process, Project Review Boards, Scoring Models, Executive Dashboards, etc. can be implemented for SAP PPM  as well.

Along with above I would say exercise great caution in ensuring that you do not mimic your legacy system in every respect and end up creating a 100% copy of the same. Please keep in mind the new system has to overcome the issues & problems with the Legacy system may they be in technical areas or process related areas.

Hope this helps!

regards

NK