cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XDS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

Can some please explain how I recreate my XSD file form MDM.

We are have error on import and I want to try and check the XML structure against the XSD.

regards

Con

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Con,Rajani,

Good to know that SP4 provides this functionality for directly creating XSD of your repository.

Howevr, it is possible to get the XSD of your repository in SP3 too..

Shall let u know the exact procedure..

If you want to check your import XML file against XSD file, I guess you would have to change the XSD manually.

MDM doesnt know what would be the XML file you want to import and the actual XSD file.

If you want the XSD of the repository, I shall let u know the process after getting the exact info.

Regards,

Tanveer.

<b>Please mark helpful answers</b>

Former Member
0 Kudos

<b>Tanveer</b>,

I am aware of the ways to generate XSD from the repository. But, I thought of waiting for more details like whether he is using SP3 or SP4 etc from Con before letting Con know the details....:)

<b>Con:</b> Just in case, if you are using SP3 and would like to generate XSD from your repository, check the How-To guide available in Service Market Place. Thios guide provides you a very good information on using a small tool called XOM Lite for generating XSD from your repository. Eventhough, there are other ways to generate XSD like using MS-Access etc.. I suggest using XOM Lite as this is very easy to use.

Regards,

Rajani Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yep! Exactly Rajani,

XOM Lite was what I meant.. Had seen it being used once..

Couldnt recollect the name though..

Thanks for this piece of Info..

Regards,

Tanveer.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The how-to guides, together with xomLite moved to SDN under the link:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/howtoguides

Though for the moment you can only find an older version of the tool. We are fixing this now. If you need the tool desperately let me know your e-mail address and I will send it to you.

Regards, jc

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi JC,

Could you please send me the XOMLite45.jar file.i am desperately looking for my scenario?

My email id : pkdevarajsap@gmail.com

Best Regards

Devaraj PK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Devaraj,

check the Thread "XML to XSD conversion" for more details,

regards, jc

Former Member
0 Kudos

Guys

Thanks for the guidance. Apologies for not giving more detail in the org posting

We are running SP03.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Con:

Do you mean get a XSD resembling your repository, or retrieve one of your XSD's that are inside the MDM rep, that were used for import/export data?

If you meant the second option, I don't think there's an option to retrieve it. What I'd suggest you to do, is ask for it to an XI guy, he must have used it to map the files in the MDM-XI interface, and he can retrieve it from XI.

Otherwise, you must re-generate it from a XML file that you can trust, and then re-integrate it onto the MDM rep. Be aware that, if you overwrite the one on MDM, you will completely erase it for good.

Greetings!

Alejandro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

Where can I get a copy of XOM lite?

Regards

Con

Former Member
0 Kudos

Con,

Go to Service MArket Place with this URL (You need a Service Market Place ID for this):

www.service.sap.com/nw-howtoguides

Then Click on "Master Data Management" and then download "How to generate XSD schema from existing MDM 5.5 repository" zip file which will have all you need.

Regards,

Rajani Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajani ,

I looked everywhere in service market place but didnt found this how-to guide . Please suggest .

BR / Annika .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I checked it again and I suggest you to follow the URL and instructions in my previous post.

Regards,

Rajani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you are using MDM 5.5 SP4, then you can generate schema of your repository structure using console. However, I am not sure whether you are refering to a standard XSD or your own XSD.

If you are refering to Standard repositories and MDM SP4, Please check your downloaded files from Service Market place, you will have XSD files as part of your downloaded files.

Otherwise, I am afraid, you will not able to retrieve your XSD from your repository.

However, more details about scenario will definitely help in identifying a solution.

Regards,

Rajani