Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Document approvals

former_member1058298
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus

Please give me your suggestions for the below requirement.

Suppose i create a document and need to get the approval from a approver, but this approver is not static. So i need to specify the approver whenever i change the document status to "Approval Request" and then a notification has to send to the approver. Then he will login into the DMS and change the status to "Approved". And then i will request APPROVER-2 for next level approval and this approver is also not static. So it will go for 4-5 level approvals. I want to track this approval process also.

As per my understanding we can define the static users and send the notification through workflow. But it won't help me. Is there any other way to meet this requirement.

Thanks in advance

Regards

Harris

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

amit_maheshwari2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Harris,

You will need the custom workflow for your requirement.

The approver/approvers can be stored using the recipient list.

Consult workflow consultant for more details.

Cheers

Amit

former_member1058298
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Amit

Thanks for your reply. Can you please explain your solution in detail. As we are implementing DMS for government sector the client is not sure about the approvers for each level. So whenever the document approvals is required, they want to select any of the SAP users and request him for document appoval. If we go with development then in which screen the user will select the unidentified approver even we have defined the approvers in customized table.

Can we acheive it by using "Document Distribution" or "GOS" options by which they will change the status to "Approval Request" and send the document to any SAP user and request him for approval. Please suggest me if there is any other best solution to meet this requirement.

Regards

Harris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harris,

Workflow is solution for your requirement since users are not static. Custom a table where there is list of users maintained. This list can be edited by a Zt-code. Make a Zt-code for users list from where you can edit this list.

Rest of the things like maining and approving will be done in usual workflow process.

Hope this will resolve the query.

Regards,

Ravindra

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Harris,

Have you looked into options of digital signatures for approval process.

Along digital signature you can use document distribution for sending notifications manually. To automate the same you can look for workflow.

Regards,

Deepak Kori