cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error while configuring logon load balancing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trring to configure logon load balancing in cluster environment.

I had created the logon group using T-Code SMLG and assigned the message server to logon group.

I am using SAP GUI 720.

In the front end system, i had added the host file entry as well as added u201Csapma<SID> 3600/tcpu201D as my CI instance number is 00.

I had created u201Csapmsg.iniu201D and put the entries as below based on sapnote 38119

Message Server

System ID 1>=<Name or IP address of message server 1>

Ex: <SID>=x.x.x.x

<SID>=x.x.x.x

Message Server Description

<System ID 1>=<Description of message server 1>

Ex: <SID>=CI

But while selecting u201CGroup/Server Selectionu201D I am getting error u201CError: partner x.x.x.x:sapms<SID> not reached u201C.

On the logon pad I had given the following information:

Description: PRD

System ID: <SID>

Message Server: IP address of CI package

I am not able to find the exact reason of the error and how to proceed to resolve the error.

Regards

Dusmanta

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

marc_saulnier
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi, at the end of the windows services file, make sure you have a carriage return (blank line). I had a similar issue couple month ago and I spend a lot of time to get this solved.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

I tried everything but still could not able to resolve the issue, can anyone help me

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Instead >telnet CI-IP 3601 working fine.

Is there any place where i can change the message server port number from 3601 to 3600.

I think, you need to configure "sapms<SID> 3601/tcp" in your windows client system's "C:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\services" file.

In short use 3601 as message server port for SAP Gui configuration.

Regards.

Rajesh Narkhede

marc_saulnier
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi can you share with us what is the value configured for the entry rdisp/msserv_internal = $$$$ in /usr/sap/"SID"/SYS/profile/DEFAULT.PFL

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marc ,

Message server internal port number is 3901

rdisp/msserv_internal = 3901

Well while i telnet the particular port that is 3601, it's telneting, but while i tried to telnet sapms<SID>, i found it's not telneting.

It through error:

>telnet 192.168.0.158 sapmsKBP

Connecting To 192.168.0.158...Could not open connection to the host, on port sapmsKBP: Connect failed

Regards

Dusmanta

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> In the front end system, i had added the host file entry as well as added u201Csapma<SID> 3600/tcpu201D as my CI instance number is 00.

> But while selecting u201CGroup/Server Selectionu201D I am getting error u201CError: partner x.x.x.x:sapms<SID> not reached u201C.

> On the logon pad I had given the following information:

> Description: PRD

> System ID: <SID>

Did you enter sapma<SID> or sapms<SID> to the services file on the Windows machine?

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Markus ,

Thanks for your response

It was a spelling mistake; in fact I had maintained " sapms<SID>" in the service file on windows machine.

Regards

Dusmanta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi. Are you able to telnet you MS server port from your PC ?

Try : telnet IP-sever 3600

telnet IP-sever sapmsSID

Regards.

former_member227281
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Dusmanta,

Have u checked telnet command as per Sergo Beradzeht 's mail i.e.

at command prompt, type the command as follows

c:\> telnet <IP-Address of CI server or Message server> 3600

if the output showed "waiting ........." theat means port 3600 might be blocked in firewall from ur desktop/laptop to Message server.

Regards

APR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi serog,

Well i had tried to login to the particular port that is 3600 through telnet, what i found instade of 3600 i was able to port 3601.

>telnet CI-IP 3600 not working

Instead >telnet CI-IP 3601 working fine.

Is there any place where i can change the message server port number from 3601 to 3600.

Regards

Dusmanta

vincentlim826
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

At profile level,

message server port is defined via rdisp/msserv = sapms<SID>, where it is typically 36xx (xx = instance no)

in /etc/services, you have:

sapms<SID> 36xx/tcp

Regards,

Vincent