cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Query on Idoc Packaging with PI7.1 EHP1

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI PI Experts,

I have a scenario where batch run triggers the 100's of Idocs in R3 in few milli seconds, which means all Idocs are triggered in one go From R3.

Do we still need to set Check box for Collect Idocs in Partner Profile in R3 for Idoc Packaging ?

I want to make out the difference in 2 configs for Idoc Packaging where

A) All Idocs are sent via Report run of RSEOUT00 at a go after collection.

B) All Idocs are triggered at same time via Batch Run at same time.

Assumption:

PI is configured to use Sender Idoc Adapter with Idoc Package Size of 10.

OR

I frame my Query in other way"

What does Collect Idoc and running Report RSEOUT00 achieve to make sure that Multiple IDOC Nodes come into 1 XML message? OR Its only PI Sender Idoc Adpater take care of it when multiple Idocs of same type comes through PI?

Please reply .

Regards,

Anurag

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanks for your answers.

I got the answer on own after running a scenario.

Collect of Idocs is done at R3 end only and only one trfc call is established between R3 and PI for each packet coming from R3.

Sender Idoc Adapter re-distribute the bunch of Idocs as per packet size in Adapter Config.

Thanks,

Anurag

PriyankaAnagani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anurag,

In the sender IDOC adapter if the packaging option is not activated, then the IDoc packages get split into single PI messages, one PI message per IDoc. IDoc sender functionality is enhanced to preserve and process IDoc packages without splitting the IDoc package into individual PI messages. I.e. single PI message contains multiple IDocs including control records. Where as running the report RSEOUT00 will just send all the IDOCs that are in waiting state to their respective destinations.

For the sender IDoc adapter to be able to process packages, it should receive the IDocs in a group. I.e. in the sender partner profile the packaging option has to be activated. Though you've activated the packaging option in the sender partner profile, If you dont check collect option in sendet IDOC adapter then the IDOCs get splitted into individual PI messages.

Regards,

Priyanka

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anurag,

This may help you..

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2009/05/21/xipi-collecting-idocs--possible-ways-with-pros-and-cons--5-ways

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2010/01/22/idoc-packaging--sap-pi-71-ehp1-and-above

Thanks

Ray...

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

When you want to use IDoc packaging, you have to collect IDocs on sender side and send them as bunch, on the other side you have also to use the check box in sender IDoc adapter cc (Whcih is available in PI 7.11 just for this checkbox)

On sender side you should also make sure, that only IDoc of same type are collected together.

btw: Don't you have any system for testing this?

Edited by: Stefan Grube on Sep 20, 2011 3:10 PM