cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quantity contracts in SD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

Can you please explain me how to configure quantity contracts in SD, i am very new to the contracts.

Once we created the quantity contracts what order type i can use to create the release order. Do i need to give any assignment of releasing order type to the quantity contract document type.. please explain me the entire configuration.

Thanks,

Aju Joseph

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

A quantity contract is an agreement that your customer will order a certain quantity of a product from you during a specified period. The contract contains basic quantity and price information but no schedule of specific delivery dates and quantities.

The customer fulfills a contract by placing sales orders against it. These sales orders are known as release orders (or call-offs).

You can specify in the contract which other partners in addition to the sold-to party are authorized to release against the contract

When you create a release order, you refer to the relevant contract, and the system automatically updates the released quantities in the contract. Otherwise, processing a release order is just like processing a standard sales order.

When you create a release order for a contract, you enter the number of the contract and the name of the partner who is requesting the goods. The system then checks if the business partner is authorized to release against the contract.

Depending on the settings in Customizing, the system determines whether a partner is authorized to release against the contract by checking against one of the following:

Partners in the contract (Rule A)

If the partner has the partner function AG (sold-to party) or AA (sold-to party for release order) in the contract, the system accepts the partner as the sold-to party for the release order.

Partners in the hierarchy (Rule B)

If the partner who wants to release against the contract is the sold-to party of the contract or at a lower level in customer hierarchy to the sold-to party in the contract, the system accepts the partner as the sold-to party for the release order.

After the authorization check, the system also checks if more than one ship-to party is defined in the contract. If the contract contains a WE (ship-to party) and several AWs (ship-to party for release order), the system lists the possible ship-to parties in a dialog box. You select the appropriate ship-to party for the release order.

Thanks & Regards,

Rahul Verulkar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Rahul..this is very infomative.

Regards,

Aju Joseph

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

@ Rahul

Dont ever ever copy paste from other / standard source and dont invite trouble by doing so. Instead you can provide the links.

G. Lakshmipathi