cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No clue how to configure mobile printer (WLAN)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello together,

hope to post into the right forum.

My Problem is to configure a mobile printer (intermec pb50) with mobile handheld scanner for our stock.

The plan is to scan barcodes with the scanner, send this to SAP for some data processing activities and print this via SAP on this mobile printer.

But how can I configure this printer in SAP? The printer is in our WLAn with a fix IP-Adress and DNS Name... There is no printserver and no device where I can install a driver... Because of this I can' t use the local Windows-driver in combination with locl...

Does anybody have a clue how to solve this?

How can I communicate with this device?

Hope you understand and can help.

Best regards.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

But for wired printers we use the host spool access method: "U: Print Using Berkeley Protocol". There we need the Host printer (in my case de-sg-mobile01 <- DNS Name for my wireless printer) and a destination host/ print server. But we haven' t one for this printer device.

And a local print does not work (e. g. method G) because the data will be send to our sap servers. Here it will be prepared and will be send to the mobile printer... There' s no local Desktop-PC in use for this process...

How can I avoid the destination host without printing locally?

Hope you understand.

sjeevan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As long as you're able to connect your wlan printer to LAN to which your SAP system is connected it should not be any different than a wired printer, you need to enter the same location address in SPAD like you would do with normal printer.