Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to kill sesssion

former_member199125
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

how can we kill the R/3 session?

We can kill the session with some Function module. if any one have idea , please provide me with parameters of FM.

Regards

Srinivas

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Your question is Web Dynpro ABAP related, right? In WDA you should fire an Exit Plug to end the session. Calling a function module directly will probably only result in the user seeing a short dump when they try to do anything in the UI.

former_member199125
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Exit plug wont work for my scenario, am using application in portal . and moreover I want to end only R3 session.

kris,

pls provide the TID parameter value

Regards

Srinivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sana,

Please check this thread...

Cheers,

Kris.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would not do just kill the back end session while portal has the active iView running. Even if you do that , you might get the ugly session timeout dump .

Try to write down your flow and what is expected and what are the user experiences expected .

Is your intention is to leave the application then the question might be "leave to where ?" . You can use navigation api to leave the application to another role/page/work set etc.

You can fire the exit plug with close_window option . You can fire a portal event to logoff. it all depends your requirement.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi sana,

Have you tried with TH_DELETE_USER FM..

call function 'TH_DELETE_USER'
EXPORTING
client = SY-MANDT
user = SY-UNAME
tid =LS_USER-ID.

Cheers,

Kris.

former_member199125
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kris,

what should I Pass in TID parameter? what is that parameter?

Regards

Srinivas