cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Inspection Lot required for Skipped Lot

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have used DMR to skip 10 lots from a particular vendor and inspect the 11th lot. But the client's requirement is even inspection lot should not be generated for the skipped lots.

Also, if the material is procured from some other vendor, then the inspection lot should be generated everytime.

How can I map this?

Please advise.

Regards,

Rahul

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can't.

You can make inspection not required at all for the vendor if you want. But if you want to inspect every tenth lot you have to use DMR and it uses SKIP lots.

What is their issue with skip lots? They can just sit there until processed by the auto UD and you can use a status selection profile to keep them from appearing on worklists if you would like.

FF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi FF,

Thanks for your reply.

I have already suggested the client to use DMR but he wont agree to it.

Is there any other solution to the issue.

Thanks,

Rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

But the client's requirement is even inspection lot should not be generated for the skipped lots.

You have to make your client understand that,Lot is Skipped only when it will be created and not other way round .

you can not stop generation of inspection lot because unless its created you will not get change in quality level & Skip status.

Now only way left is use of "Quality Info record" with "No inspection status" .

You have to think on this whether you want to use DMR where skip is there or Use vendor material combination with Quality info record.or Use DMR for one vendor & quality info record for other......

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The only alternative I can think of would be to use a development. Set up the inspections to happen . No DMR. You then would use a user exit, (I believe QAAT002, maybe QAAT001 would work). One of those allow you to set a flag in the user exit that supreses the creation of the inspectoin lot.

You would have to have the user exit look up the GR's for the vendor/material/plant combination since the last inspection lot for this combination. Then if the count is equal or greater than ten, you create the lot. If less then 10, you suppress the creation of the lot.

I would be careful how you code the user exit. You'll probably only want this to apply to certain materials so you have to come up with a way that allows flexibability in what materials this is used for. I might suggest using the QMin procuremnet control key. If you have no procurement functions, you usually define a control key 0000 for this . Copy that to 1001 for instance. It will have no functions. But your user exit would only run if the control key was 1001. It would immediately exit for any other control key in use. You might need additional control keys if you do use other features of the conrtol key such as COA receipt. In that case you might have two control keys that trigger your user exit. 1001 and 1002. 1002 would require a cert.

I hope this is clear.

FF

Edited by: FireFighter on Sep 22, 2011 2:50 PM

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank You All for your inputs and time.

The solution I adopted was in line with what FF has suggested.

Breif Overview of the solution:

1) Create a Z table to track the Material, Vendor combination and the number of GRs.

2) Use QAAT001 exit to check the condition and then create the lot if required.

Regards,

Rahul

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

I principally agree with Craig and Sujit.

1. DMR is the only solution for this requirement. And when you deal with DMR, lots with SKIP status are inevitable!

2. I think users must be worried about clearing skipped lots as it becomes time consuming activity when you do it one by one.

3. As rightly mentioned by FF, there is a provision by means of which you can schedule the job which gives UD for these lots in background as per the frequency you give.

4. Moreover you can filter these unwanted lots from appearing in QA32.

5. As a result of which users will never see SKIP lots and no need to accord manual UD.

Regards,

Anand Rao

Former Member
0 Kudos

if you want to generate the 11th lot for inspection on the same vendor, then there is no way to control this other than skip lots.

You can always set the filter on skip lots to disappear from the QA32/33 and see only the other lots.

Mahee