Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scheduling of CC

former_member192238
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have a requirement like my sender JDBC communication channel should be started after every 8hrs in a day on daily basis.In availability time Planning we can schedule only once a day.

I have one option that i can put my poll interval to 8hrs .

Kindly suggest me if any other best possible way to do the same.

Secondly if i put my poll interval to 8hrs it will poll database for once but at the same time if database is down is there any way to that channel should automatically for once when database is up.

Please throw some light on these querys.

Regards

Praveen Reddy

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

I suggest instead of increasing the polling interval , you can create three diff schedules [00:00 , 8:00, 16:00] with diff start time and mention the duration it should be running. So the channel will be up for every 8 hrs and polling accordingly.

- Muru

former_member192238
Participant
0 Kudos

HI Murgavel,

Can you please elaborate and explain how to create 3 different schedules with different start times will it be possible in availability time planning.

Regards

Praveen

Edited by: Maareddy Praveen Reddy on Sep 21, 2011 11:41 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

one way to go about this would be the following:

you can create 3 different communication channel, 1 which starts at 00:00 hours for duration 8 hours.

similarly you can create ATP's for channels starting @ 0800 hours and 1600 hours respectively.

assign the same communication channels for all ATP's

regards,

ridhima

former_member192238
Participant
0 Kudos

HI Ridhima,

Thanks for ur quick reply as said by you i can create 3communication channels for each interface as we 40 interfaces similarly like this requirement i should repeat my ID part 3 times for each interface it would be bit tidious if u have any other way please suggest me.

regards

Praveen reddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In Availability Time Planning,

Choose:

Availability Time - Daily 

At (Time) : 00:00::00                  For Duration: 8 Hours
Series Start: From Date             Series End: Till date

Create the one more Scheduling

At(Time) : 00:08:00

and one more 

At(Time): 00:16:00

Wont this work out?

Sorry if i have misunderstood your question.

regards

Ramesh

Edited by: Ramesh P on Sep 21, 2011 7:00 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Instead of creating 3 channels and related objects, it is better schedule it three times. Try out and it might work according to my previous suggestion

regards

Ramesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

It is possible to create three schedule in Availability planning , the schedule names are going to be different .

You can give names liek First Poll [0:00], Second Poll [8:00], Third Poll [16:00] and it will be taken. So the channel will be operating based on this schedules. I have tried the same in my project , it is fine.

- Muru

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I meant to create 3 "ATP's" and not "communication channel," sorry for the confusion. You may then assign your communication channel to these 3 ATP's.

You may give the names as channel1, channel2, channel 3. ( just a suggestion)

I have a similar scenario and its working fine in my production environment.

Regards

Ridhima

former_member192238
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks @ evrery one for valuable inputs

I am able schedule three times ATP for my requirement i have another query suppose if my server is in down time when the sender JDBC channel is picking my ATP i have scheduled for 1 hour for the complete 1 hour server is in down time what would be result channel will continue polling until server is up?

Regards

Praveen

former_member192238
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks @ every one i have scheduled the channel three times in a day by creating 3 ATPS a day

Regards

Praveen

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member192238
Participant
0 Kudos

What would be the situation id server is in down time

Former Member
0 Kudos

+I am able schedule three times ATP for my requirement i have another query suppose if my server is in down time when the sender JDBC channel is picking my ATP i have scheduled for 1 hour for the complete 1 hour server is in down time what would be result channel will continue polling until server is up?+

Hi Praveen,

During the server downtime the channel will be stopped in PI , so after the downtime when you start the channel and if it is within the scedule it will poll for the remaining time or else it wont poll that time , you have to wait for the next poll. If you want to process that polls data you can start the channel manually , make it run for 1 hour.

- Muru

rodrigoalejandro_pertierr
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

set the pull to 60 seconds or 120 and the schedule the CC in the Runtime Workbench> Component Monitoring> ADapter ENgine> Communication Channel Moniptring> (at top - right) schedule Communication Chennel.

here you can schedule when the channnel will be active to pool and desactive again.

Rgds

RP

Edited by: Rodrigo Alejandro Pertierra on Sep 21, 2011 10:40 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try this

Poll Interval (secs): 28800

Retry Interval (secs): 60 (say) i.e. Number of seconds that the adapter is to wait before an SQL statement processed with errors is processed again

Regards

Raj

former_member192238
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi raj,

If i put pol linterval as 28800 its normal behaviour it will start after every 8hrs at that time database connectivity is not there then it will throw error if i put retry interval as 60sec will it able to start the channel when connectivity is restored.

Regards

Praveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

In case of any error it will try every 60 sec till its success. And if its success then it will ping again after 28800 sec.

Just for confirmation, you can test / check using some small duration(600sec in place of 28800) and make JDBC down for a while.

Share your findings here.

Regards

Raj

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I believe you can schedule in secs as previous expert suggested to achieve every 8 hours polling successfully. First try with some small duration and note down the behavior. You can also control the communication channels externally.

Please check this [link|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/6456] [original link is broken];

The above link works for even 7.1 too.

Also if you are creating a script using unix command then you can try as follows example

wget http(s)://host:port/AdapterFramework/ChannelAdminServlet?party=party&service=service&channel=channel&action=action

where action = start or stop.