SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Goods Issue activity creation for Funds Management Actuals Budgeting

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We have implemented the commitment budget (PR/PO/GRIR) process at our workplace, and now we need to budget the actual consumption too (Goods Issue)

While trying to assign a strategy, I find that in the Activity Group, there is no Goods Issue activity group, but there are groups like Purchase Orders, Purchase Requisitions, Actual Posting, Controlling Posting etc defined for group numbers like 20,30,40,60, etc.

Do we need to create one, before we start budgeting the actuals too through the Goods Issuing process ? In that case, for the derivation strategy for this Goods Issue process, what value type and CO business transaction needs to be given to map it ? The value types too are categorised like invoices, payments, funds block, funds reservation, etc and the CO business transactions are FICA, RMBA, RMWA, etc, but there is not Goods Issue Transaction type.

Regards,

Wy

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Goods issue is actual posting; therefore it falls under activity group '40'. I'm not sure why you are talking about value type and CO business transaction, as again good receipt is considered as actuals (value type '54').

Regards,

Eli

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Goods issue is actual posting; therefore it falls under activity group '40'. I'm not sure why you are talking about value type and CO business transaction, as again good receipt is considered as actuals (value type '54').

Regards,

Eli

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eli,

Thanks for the inputs !!

I suppose you meant Goods Issue comes under Value Type "54", which is named Invoices.

I checked out for possible derivations in the AVC Activity Groups and found a CO Business Transaction RMWL - Possibly felt that there must be a derivation with this and value type 54 to get the correspoding activity 40 "Actual Posting" - I got a bit confused seeing a separate Goods Issue transaction type and thus felt that there might be a separate activity group too.

Regards,

Wy

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Business transactions are very various and represent the processes in the system in detail. Value types and activity groups are more technical objects which sum up the functional activities within PSM-FM. So, if you want to include goods issue in MM in AVC chain, please, assign the business transaction to '40'.

Regards,

Eli

Former Member
0 Kudos

The Actuals Posting activity type 40 is sufficient for Goods Issue transaction