Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

controlling of budget in WBS level

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I am facing the following problem:

my client has a project (T-G-RM-RG-P-0001) with available budget of USD 5, 799,608, but system block them from creating a PO of $782,000 for the sub level (T-G-RM-RG-P-0001-2).

I have proposed a solution to alocate $782,000 to the sub level T-G-RM-RG-P-0001-2 using CJ37. Eventually the user is now able to make the posting.

Question:

The user is now asking me to configure the settings such that they will not be prevented from making posting to the sub level projects as long as the main WBS has enough budget for it. Can someone advise how do i go about doing this?

Many Thanks in advance

Warmest Regards

Dave

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The behaviour that you saw in your system is a standard behaviour and the system is working as designed. Since there is no budget defined for the specific WBS system is throwing an error while creating the PO. The basic thinig about Budgeting is that it is done at the WBS level. Hence you need to specify budget for the respective WBS element in the project structure.

Try to explain this to your user.

Regards,

Gokul

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

First of all, CJ37 is used to supplement budget in project rather than allocate it. For allocation/ distribution you use CJ30.

Secondly, you do not need to allocate or distribute budget to lower level WBS as it is only done to provide stricter control. If you allocate/ distribute the budget to lower level WBS, SAP starts checking budget at these levels as well. SAP standard functionality allows budget at top-level WBS to be utilized at lower level WBS with availability control remaining active at the top level WBS. The key thing to note is the system status AVAC (i.e. on which WBS it is active).

I believe you need to review or share the error that you got in the first place while creating the PO.

Regards,

Ammar

Edited by: Ammar Zaheer Syed on Sep 20, 2011 12:30 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ammar,

the error occurs when the user tries to post a PO by selecting WBS sub level T-G-RM-RG-P-0001-6-2 The error shown is: budget for the project has been exceeded. I advised my users to allocate budget to the sub level T-G-RM-RG-P-0001-6-2 and the PO went through.

The issue now is that the users wants to control the budget from the Top WBS level instead of allocating budget to the respective sub-level. They mention that it is very troublesome to allocate the budget to the respective sublevel and wants the check to be removed. Is it possible?

Many Thanks

Best Regards

Dave

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dave,

Check whether system status AVAC is activated on WBS T-G-RM-RG-P-0001-6-2. If so try removing it via CJBW.

If the Activation Type for the relevant budget profile is set to 1 (TCode OPS9) then AVAC is activated automatically only on the WBS where budget is released (and allocated as well). If AVAC is only activated at the top level WBS, that way budget is only checked on that level but can be consumed on lower level WBS.

Revert back if this doesn't resolve your problem.

Regards,

Ammar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You do not have to distribute the budget to a lower level. I was able to do issue the PO from a lower level WBS in my system keeping the budget at a higher level. AVAC was activated at both the levels.

Now if you are using the budget release functionality; then make sure the sufficient amount is released at the higher level. Because i was able to get the error in PO create (using lower level WBS) though budget was there at the higher level but sufficient amount was not released.

Regards

Sreekanth

Edited by: Sreekanth P S on Sep 21, 2011 12:57 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

i have asked my users to execute CJBW and remove AVEC form the project, will keep this post updated. Thank you all for your valuable answers and time very much appreciated

leena_koshy
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello,

We have a similar situation. What I would like to know is if you had any budget allocated at all at the lower level when you first got the PO budget exceeded error.

Trying to compare notes so your feedback would be very useful to us.

Thanks,

Leena

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Leena,

there was no budget allocated when the PO error occurs.

Thanks

Dave

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dave, thanks for the response.

I work with Leena and we would like to know to know how CONFIG at your system allowed PO creation to be stopped at the lower WBS level when at the lower level there is no budget because this is the requirement at our shop.

Thanks.

Sid