cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trouble with Minimum Queue Time Hook

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We have a custom hook named Minimum Queue Time Hook (SY520_T). It works as designed, but we have a slight issue with this cause of the setup of our routing.

Let me explain.

We use this queue time hook so that after lacquer operation it goes to functional testing. So we need 24 hours before we can put the product to functional testing (24 hours is the time the lacquer takes to dry up.).

Our routing is like this CCO > (pre_Start checks if 24 hours have passed)FT > DONE

now. the problem arises when there is a FAIL in FT.

SO the routing is like this: CCO > FT (OPEN NC) > FT REP > FT > DONE

Now after FT REP it goes back to FT again which checks the pre_Start hook. Now this stirs things up and tells, the FT that there has not been 24 hours passed since the last operation.

So the question is. Is there a script or somekind of way to bypass the second time it checks the pre_Start hook and it ignores the min que time hook?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello. yeah that would be great, but the customization we ordered was meant to work like this:

The new custom activity to check the time is configured as a pre-start hook on the operation OP2.

so this is our own design flaw and we didn't anticipate this.

this issue is fixed and we implemented the change to our routing

regards,

Tarvi

Former Member
0 Kudos

So you are telling me i can put the pre_Start hook to the resource and ALLOW it only to work on 7 products out of 200 ? Because i assign the hook in the routing maintenance.

Well, your last suggestion of changing the routing might work. I need to run it by with the production and people who design the routings!:)

Thanks for your help!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just as a side note: shouldn't 24 hours be part of CCO operation instead? In that case hook could be set to POST_COMPLETE (or PRE_COMPLETE) on CCO instead of PRE_START on FT?

Thanks,

Bakhtiyar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well,

I explained the routing part a bit badly. The routing is CCO > FT > ADE > DONE/SCRAP

IF it fails in FT it goes to FT REP and then again to the same FT! FT REP is only necessary when there are OPEN NC-s.

So we can't use FT2 in routing cause it's the same resource and at the same place.

Here is the picture of the routing:

Link:[http://i.imgur.com/vrXWy.jpg]

Because the hook is designed to be in the routing, not in the resource, I can't follow your advice.

Is there any other way to bypass the pre-start check when it comes from a rerouting operation?

0 Kudos

Actually there should be no difference between hooks for Resources and hooks for Operations once both are assigned to the same hook point. You'd rather try this. Though there is a chance that someone did hardcode the relation to resource.

Regards,

Sergiy

0 Kudos

Or you can change the router as below:

COO > FT > ADE > DONE
      FT > REP_FT > ADE(second) > DONE
                    ADE(second) > SCRAP
           REP_FT > FT2 > REP_FT

0 Kudos

Hi Tarvi,

As sonn as SFC is in queue at an operation, router scripts do not affect hooks at PRE_START because the scripts are responsilbe for selecting the next path (queueing) rather than starting SFCs. Thus you need either re-assign the hook to Resource1 to be used at first pass of FT but use Resources2 without the hook during the subsequent passes, or use different operation FT2 to separate the repair cycle.

Regards,

Sergiy