cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can we use Central Contract with ECC not using EHP 4?

sap_2605
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

We know that SAP recommends to use central contract scenario with backend ECC in EHP 4. However in our situation, we're using SRM 7.0, but the backend is ECC 6.0 (without EHP 4) and no XI/PI installed. Is it possible to configure central contract scenario?

In the config guide for contract, it is mentioned that we can use IDOC instead of XI/PI (if below EHP 4). I have seen the documentation, but something confuse me:

1. The setup for IDOC is almost the same as GOA in SRM 5.0, does it mean that the use of IDOC only enable GOA? As we know that using central contract the contract can be used as source of supply BOTH in ECC and SRM, but GOA can only be used in ECC. We want the central contract NOT the GOA.

2. There is no mention of inbound IDOC in SRM, and no mentio for outbound IDOC in ECC in the config guide

So this makes us wonder, does the central contract can be used for ECC below EHP 4?

Best regards,

John

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

Central contracts will work only with ECC 6 (Ehp 4).

Regards,

Nikhil

sap_2605
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Nikhil,

Thanks for the reply, but do you know for sure? As we have plenty of SAP documents that saying central contract will work with ECC EHP 4, but for lower version IDOC can be used. Admittedly, there is no details about it.

John

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have configured central contract with ECC 6(Ehp 3) using IDOCS, and I could transfer the CCTR to ECC, but I was not sure how pricing conditions were picked up from ECC when I shop against this CCTR from SRM. Then someone on SDN itself confirmed that when we use IDOCS to transfer CCTR it is actually transferring GOA and not CCTR even though the name is CCTR.

Let us wait for other experts to confirm this.

Regards,

Nikhil

sap_2605
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Nikhil,

Glad to hear that someone has trying to do this before. So can you share to me what is the behaviour of this contract? Is the contract also exist in SRM and can we use it as source of supply in SRM? Our requirement is actually contract created in SRM, distributed in ECC. The PR can pick up the contract in ECC and then pass to SRM becoming PO referring to this contract.

Best regards,

John

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

Yes, this contract is available in ECC. But why do you want to assign this contract to a PR and then pass to SRM? Are you planning to implement the PDP scenario? If so, then you need not assign SoS to the PR. Just send it to SRM for sourcing where purchaser can assign the SoS to the PR.

Regards,

Nikhil

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

sap_2605
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Solved. We use IDOC and it works. As for the contract selection, it turns out SRM doesnt bring the contract selected in ECC to SRM. So we use BADI source check to re-select the contract that we have chosen earlier in ECC.