FILE TO IDOC scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

when i am processing file i am getting error as below

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>

- <!-- Call Adapter

-->

- <SAP:Error xmlns:SAP="http://sap.com/xi/XI/Message/30" xmlns:SOAP="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/" SOAP:mustUnderstand="1">

<SAP:Category>XIAdapter</SAP:Category>

<SAP:Code area="IDOC_ADAPTER">ATTRIBUTE_INV_SND_SERV</SAP:Code>

<SAP:P1>Compass_BusService</SAP:P1>

<SAP:P2 />

<SAP:P3 />

<SAP:P4 />

<SAP:AdditionalText />

<SAP:ApplicationFaultMessage namespace="" />

<SAP:Stack>Unable to convert the sender service XXXXXBusService to an ALE logical system</SAP:Stack>

<SAP:Retry>M</SAP:Retry>

</SAP:Error>

So the problem is my sender is not logical system where i can specify adapter specific identifers and on the receiver side i specified that.In the mapping I disabled EDI_DC40 where I dont want to fill this.

Can anyone please help me how to send my file without the above error I checked all possibilities and forum but they all say about the logical system where my sender is customer.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

anupam_ghosh2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

there is another method which you can give a try

1. enable EDI_DC40 segment within mapping.

2. populate the values SNDPRN,SNDPRT, RCVPRN,RCVPRT. In message mapping you can hardcode these values using constant terms

Thus I expect after populating the segment you will have EDIDC segment look like this

- <EDI_DC40 SEGMENT="empty">
  <SNDPRT>KU</SNDPRT> 
  <SNDPRN>AAA</SNDPRN> 
  <RCVPRT>KU</RCVPRT> 
  <RCVPRN>BBB</RCVPRN> 
  </EDI_DC40>

3. Now go to we20 transcation in receiver SAP system. Find out for partner type KU what are the partner number registered.

There has to be two partner numbers one corrosponding to the sender and other for the receiver system. While you check each of the entries find out for which partner number there is an entry for your idoc message type. you can find this entry under inbound parameters. There should be one. This partner number say AAA will become the value for your SNDPRN field in message mapping in step 2 above.

4. Now you need to find another partner number in step 2 above which will act as receiver partner number (value for RCVPRN). You need to find this number. and RCVPRN and SNDPRN cannot be same. Preferebly the partner number you will be choosing as RCVPRN should not have any inbound or outbound parameters. This number you verify from other members of your team. Say this number is BBB.

5. Go to the receiver communication channel and fill the following appropiately

a. RFC destination : receiver service name

b. PORT : find out port entry of the iodc from IDX2 transcation

c. SAP RELEASE: as applicable.

Tick on, all the following entries

Queue processing, apply control record values from payload, take sender from payload, take receiver from payload, restore original parties for ack.

Save and activate all changes, and you are done.

Hope this solves your problem

regards

Anupam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anupam,

Thanks for ur clear explaniation but i dont want tht segment shud b enabled.

Any prob is resloved where I created the party as my interface is B2B in the IDOC identifers I gave agency and scheme

for both sender and receiver.

Now it is fine.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Open busines system / Service (Communication Component). Goto Communication Component / Services. Click on Adpater specific identier. Mention the Idoc Adapter logical system name as XXXXX.

Regards

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

Thanks for reply as I said my sender is customer not the logical system and my reciever is IDOC where i specified the adapter speicifc identifier evn in receiver agreement in header mapping i specified the sender service and reciever service still error exist.

plz share your ideas if i am wrong.

Former Member
0 Kudos

SVRaju

Even though your sender is customer not the logical system but you need to maintain the adapter speicifc identifier in sender communication component. Also do mention it in receiver side as well.

Go through the wiki link

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/XI/UnabletoconvertSendersystemtoALElogicalsystem

Regards

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

I saw that link before if i specify the adapter specific indentifiers it is going to ECC system but with the partner type as LS but my patner type is KU.

Any more suggesstion.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raju,

Incase you did not use SAP PI or any other middleware, the classification of legacy information coming into SAP, you could have created the partner profile as 'KU'. As you are having PI, the logical system for PI should be used for creating the inbound partner profile configuration and not the name of the legacy application which is not having a logical system.

The logical flow of message in your case should be as follows:

Legacy -

> SAP PI -

> ECC System.

Regards,

Indranil

Former Member
0 Kudos

so you want me to create partner profile in PI system because i am confused i created patner profile with type KU and num 246

whn i gve this num in adapter identifier the file is processing but with type as LS..so i gave different name in identifier thn aslo pointing to sap sys with type LS.

As per you do u want me to create partner profile in pi sys i am confused.

please help mwhtever i keep in identifer it is going with partner type as LS which i dont want.

Former Member
0 Kudos

1. Partner profile will be created in the ECC system as usual.

2. Only the inbound partner information should be the logical system name of SAP PI, because ECC is receiving the data from PI and not the legacy application.

After doing so, use the header mapping in the receiver agreement and assign the sender service to this business system of ECC .

Regards,

Indranil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

So what name can i give there..as i am using business service for sender in receiver agreement i gave sender service name and in receiver in gave target business sys name..in adapter identifer wht name i shud give.

can you please be more specific..it will b greatful.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Give the same name as in business service

Former Member
0 Kudos

if i give the same name as sender business service name in adapter identifier the idoc is geting created as partner type LS but my partner type is KU..so wht name can i gve in adapter identifer.

anymore suggestion plz..