cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CUP MSMP Work flow in GRC 10.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi GRC Experts,

I am working on a MSMP Work flow requirement in GRC 10.0 and would appreciate any guidance/inputs on this.

As per my requirement we would have to design a CUP Work flow in GRC 10.0 to decommission a user in 24-hours if the user has not activated his/her new user account. After a user account is provisioned, system should wait for 24 hours to have user login/activate the account, otherwise decommission/disable the account. I have never heard of this functionality in GRC 5.3, so was not sure if this is something that can be designed and configured in 10.0. Would really appreciate if you can please guide us with requirement and advise if this can be implemented in GRC 10.0.

I know outside GRC , this requirement can be designed using a background job, which can monitor the provisioning and activation for a user account , however i am wondering if this can be designed and implemented with MSMP Work flow in GRC 10.0

Thanks every one for your valuable and precious time.

Cheers .. Vikas

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vikas,

You doesn't require customized ABAP programs to achive this and neither GRC 10 and can be achived with the below login parameters:

login/password_max_idle_initial

login/password_max_new_valid

login/password_max_reset_valid

The login/password_max_idle_initial will make the initial password invalid if the user is not logged in, which means you are making the system secure if the user doesn't login to the system in specific number of days.

However, this will not decomission the user IDs. You may need to look at custom options to identify the users from USR02 table and lock them using standard BAPIs.

I am not sure on why Multi Stage/Multi Path is required for this??

Regards,

Raghu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raghu ,

Thanks a lot for your inputs .

I already spoke to one of the stake holders regarding this requirement and suggested him this solution , however this requirement was a part of a industry initiative demo and they wanted me to check if this is something that can be implemented using MSMP Work flow in GRC 10.0 .

I couldnt find any thing in MSMP work flow functionality which would help us to design this requirement , so wanted to confirm with all GRC experts here in forum before i go back to them again.

Thanks a lot for your help ... Really appreciate your guidance here.

Thanks,

Vikas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vikas,

MSMP Work flow is Multi Stage, Multi Path workflows, which means that it allows you to configure unlimted approval and review levels.

However, your request is not at all related to MSMP. Hope this clarifies.

Regards,

Raghu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yeah Raghu , i do understand the capabilities of MSMP Work flow .

I did discussed this one of the stake holders and have explained them that this requirement is not possible with MSMP Work flow in GRC. Now we are in the process of looking at other options to deliver this functionality.

Thanks for your guidance ...

Former Member
0 Kudos

You are most welcome