cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The user session for a SAP GUI for HTML could not be created/generated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

May I know what could be the issue for the above issue?

We are trying to request for a ITS in a c#.net program with the following codes.

HttpWebRequest request = (HttpWebRequest)WebRequest.Create(strURL);
request.Method = "Get";
request.ContentType = "application/x-www-form-urlencoded";
HttpWebResponse response = (HttpWebResponse)request.GetResponse();  <<<<<< This line is throwing error >>>>>>   
Stream responseStream = response.GetResponseStream();

However, in our legacy system of classic ASP script, we are not encountering any issues and manage to get the response from the ITS. Accessing the url on IE is also working fine.

set xmlHTTP = CreateObject("Microsoft.XMLHTTP")
xmlHttp.open "GET", URL , false
xmlHttp.send()
str = xmlHttp.responseText

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks.

Bertina

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

From the little information available here I can suggest following:

1. Check the Account validity and authorizations of the User used for authentication from DOT NET. If possible, assign SAP_ALL in Development and repeat tests. Later we can narrow down the access easily.

2. There is a known Kernel issue with ICF logon message handling, described in SAP Note 1241566 - Set of corrections: Logging on 1/2008. Check if the recommended Kernel patch level is already applied.

If none of the above helps, please send me the following:

1. Trace file for the work process 0 in transaction ST11 on the application server spsisd_ISD_00

2. Generate trace files with the highest trace level (3) as per SAP Note: 507994 - Generating plug-in trace files for troubleshooting and send it over.

We can look at various Kernel and Service level calls from trace files which should help us identify the root cause.