cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another Possible Issue with NwSapSetup.exe ??

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is on SAPGui for Windows 7.20 when installed on Windows 7 front end.

Installation server is at Patch 8 with latest SapSetup_Patch.exe applied I am getting an error pop up at end of the install on the front end regarding NwSapSetupUserNotificationTool.exe

I have Customer Support Message opened: 0000773130 2011

Relevant log files are attached to it.

Bob H

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

jude_bradley
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Bob,

I'm going to try to recreate the issue on Windows 7 OS.

Is UAC switched on or off in this case?

Regards,

Jude

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jude,

UAC is set at the Default which is "Notify me when I make changes to Windows settings".

Upon restart, the NwSapSetupUserNotificationTool.exe process shows in Windows task manager as running.

Command line being used to run the install is: ....\Setup\NwSapSetup.exe /package=Sapgui_BeX7

Bob

Edited by: Bob Held on Sep 20, 2011 5:27 PM

Edited by: Bob Held on Sep 20, 2011 5:29 PM

jude_bradley
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Bob,

Sorry, no negative result with the nwsapsetup and using the same version of sapsetup 8.6.1.70 and patch 8.

I'll review the message to see if there is any progress.

Jude

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jude,

Were you running as a non-admin user (using LSH on the server for admin rights) ?

I'm getting it on every system I install on WinXP and Win7.

I tested running an install while logged on with local admin rights. DID NOT GET THE ERROR. So can you confirm this?

History of the installation server is: Started as 7.20 Patch 3, Patch 6 w/ Hotfix 3 was later applied, SapSetup_Patch.exe applied, Patch 8 applied and lastly latest SapSetup_Patch.exe was applied.

Check Server - Reports no errors.

The NwSapSetup.log file I provided with my Support message has a pretty clear entry when it happens.

Bob

Edited by: Bob Held on Sep 21, 2011 7:45 PM