Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BEX Error Messages

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm working in the BW 7.0 EP1 system and I'm receiving the below errors on a few queries in BEX. I'm able to execute the reports successfully via RSECADAMIN tcode.

-You are not authorized to use this transformation

-Error in substep

-Operation could not be carried out for

-Error reading the data of InfoProvider XXXX

-Error while reading data; navigation is possible

When I spoke to the BW developers, they stated that these queries pull data directly from ECC while all other queries pull data from the BW cubes. The queries that pull data from the cubes are working as per design. Please help!

Thanks in Advance,

T

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Chances are good that you will find some ST22 short dumps in ECC relating to this (that should be your first port of call).

Whether it is a configuration error in BW, missing authorization or authentication, or BEX permissions to register the queries on ECC is hard to tell. Error messages via RFC in particular can be misleading.

As the first message is an authorization error in a transformation, you can trace that in St01 and jump to the source code from the trace (double-click the record and then top left corner is the magic button). Here you will see the authority-check (hopefully) or the condition for it to pass the error message back.

Good programs pass the messages back, so solving the first one sometimes solves all the others (unless the failed auth check is not caught and reacted appropriately).

Are you experimenting with BEX for the first time or did it work before?

Your question is somewhat vague so you will need to provide more infos.

Cheers,

Julius

Former Member
0 Kudos

Pully data from R/3 system some time ends up with throwing errors. Ask the Develeopers to get the Data with in BI System and then execute the Reports as there will not be any errors in this way and a Best Practice.

I have faced this issues in earlier project and used to ask them to execute reports based on the Real time Data with in BI System and not to access the Data in R/3 system in the Reports.

Hope it helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Apart from this error related to Transformations and infoproviders you can get SU53 screen shots and directly update the relevant Role.

This is apart from the above issue in general to trouble shoot. Your earlier errors are purely due to accessing the data in the Reports outside BI System. Get the Data with in BI system and then execute the Reports it will be perfectly alright.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tiffany,

What version of SAP GUI you are on? I recommend you to run the sapbexc.xla (search for the file, since it is not stored always in the same location in every PC).

It will tell you how good your SAP Bex is when you hit the start button. If you see more in yellow and red, it is recommend to upgrade your SAP GUI along with the latest BEx.

When I spoke to the BW developers, they stated that these queries pull data directly from ECC while all other queries pull data from the BW cubes. The queries that pull data from the cubes are working as per design. Please help!

Hope you have also authorization to S_RS_DSO authorization object?

Hope this will solve the issues

Regards,

Raghu

Edited by: Raghu Boddu on Sep 20, 2011 3:06 PM

arpan_paik
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As query is pulling data from OLTP system so you may end up with providing access for admin. Is there no other way around for using BW data structure?

Regards,

Arpan Paik