cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forecast consumption issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to use forecast consumption functionality. In product master, requirement strategy is 20 & comsumption mode 2 with only backward consumption days of 5 days. No forward consumption days.

Now the situation is:

I can see the forecast has been consumed for the date where sales order placed on, but not for the previous 5 days. When I checked /DMP1 it is showing Ok, no remaining quantities for 5 days. But in SNP planning book it is showing it in forecast key figure:

For better understanding:

FCreq

Day1: 5

Day2: 5

Day3: 5

Day4: 5

Day5: 5

Day6: 5

Day7: 5

Day8: 5

If I place sales order of 40 on day 7

it should show me forecast like below in planning book.(In /DMP1 it showing consumed like this)

Day2: 0

Day3: 0

Day4: 0

Day5: 0

Day6: 0

Day7: 0 , 40(sales order)

But it is not & showing:

Day2: 5

Day3: 5

Day4: 5

Day5: 5

Day6: 5

Day7: 0 , 40(sales order)

I don't whether I am missing some setting for Key Figure or Config.

Would appreciate if anyone can guide me to correct this issue.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Hello all, Somehow I resolved the issue with sales order.

Now I can see the sales order consuming correctly. But now I have to add stock transfer requitions (category BH) in forecast consumption. I already created a custom requirement strategy with category group having BH also and assigned it to respective product. Now after the forecast release from DP to SNP, it is not consuming the forecast.

Would appreciate if anybody has any suggestions or guidelines to achieve this.

Edited by: SushantC on Sep 21, 2011 9:22 PM

former_member453166
Participant
0 Kudos

After changing all of that, did you re-execute the forecast consumption using the report I already suggested? Changing the SO date back and forth in your previous example could have solved the issue as well, because it would simulate what the report I suggested would do.

Basically, I've found that changing MD and other settings doesn't automatically re-consume based on the settings. You need to re-execute the FC consumption or only expect future/changed SO's to operate with the new settings.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes may be becuase of the changes in delivery dates, I am able to get correct forecast consumption for sales order.

But I am still having problem with stocktransfer requi's. I have already included the STR category(i.e BH) in Category group for requirement strategy. I executed same steps for it & also the report you suggested.

But not getting forecast consumed by STR

Would appreciate if you have any other suggestions.

Thanks

former_member453166
Participant
0 Kudos

Let me see - so for this new scenario you have, other orders are consuming but orders with this specific category (BH) are not? I just want to make sure this isn't a material master data issue.

Also can you confirm that new config and master data settings were ascribed to the material before the new forecast was loaded?

Former Member
0 Kudos

To be clear,

I created one new requirement strategy Z1 which should consume sales order (BM) & STRs (BH). I already assigned it in product master.

Now I can see the forecast is consumed by sales order but also with STOs ( Category: BI) instead of STRs (BH).

Also I did release the forecast from DP to SNP & ran the report also which you suggested, after the modifications.

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just to let you know, The issue has been solved.

I actually deleted all PIRs then again released it from DP, & immediately running the forecast cons. correction report. It worked. Now I can see the forecast consumption according to the categories defined in category grps.

I also tested, by creating new STR in ECC & CIFing it to APO. Once it comes to APO, it did consume the forecast in forecast tab of /SAPAPO/RRP3 , but not in element tab. So I ran the report again & it did the corrections. I can see consumption working perfectly in planning book as well as product view.

But now I have to run the report each time any sales order or STR is CIFed to APO. Is there any other way to fix it or Do I have to include this report as a batch job in my daily batch jobs.

Thanks for your help.

former_member453166
Participant
0 Kudos

On my last project we had to run the program in a batch job. We actually had our developer copy it under a new name with some additional selection criteria so we could run using some different filters. Then we scheduled it to run multiple times a day in the background across all materials.

In theory since you're using standard consumption logic it shouldn't be required. It's very odd that it is each and every time. We had written custom logic to consume forecast "within the fiscal month" - meaning that the number of days +/- would change depending on when w/in the month the sales order was dated. This we found to cause lots of "crossed wires" and other issues, so we did the development I mentioned above.

Anyway, I'm glad that you've at least made some progress. You might also try searching around for some notes, depending on your upgrade status, etc. We didn't find any that worked last time when I was doing this, but you might have better luck.

aparna_ranganathan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sushant

Please take a look at the following notes to understand the forecast consumption guidelines

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Aparna,

Thanks for the reply. I checked the notes. but they are to solve any calculation error.

Basically I can see the forecast consumption working fine in /DMP1 but not showing correctly in planning book.

In DMP1 forecast req is getting consumed/allocated to the orders and resulting in zero remaining quantity. But when I check in planning book for that particular day it is showing the requested/original PIR quantities.

I think if it is allocating to the orders, then it should show remaining quantity in forecast key figure.

Would appreciate if you have any other solution/thoughts

Thanks,

Edited by: SushantC on Sep 20, 2011 3:54 PM

former_member453166
Participant
0 Kudos

Did you try running report /SAPAPO/CSP_CORRECT_FCST? Oftentimes when master data settings change after the sales order has already consumed, it's necessary to re-run the forecast consumption using this report to solve the inconsistency in the planning book.