Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Table handling in MII workbench

former_member190457
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi all,

in my MII workbench I need to create a transaction where a BAPI is invoked.

This BAPI has a table as input parameter.

So I create the sequence and the appropriate actions to perform the call.

My point is how do I populate the table with multiple records before invoking the BAPI?

I would have used the "Assignment" action, but as far as I can understand it does not allow to add rows to tables.

It simply allows me to set variable X to the value Y.

How is this done?

Thanks, regards

Vincenzo

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

abesh
Contributor
0 Kudos

I think this blog of mine might help : [Calling a BAPI with a Table as an input parameter from xMII....|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/6688] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken];

former_member190457
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Abesh, thanks, your blog is really useful.

This procedure looks really a bit complex however, I expected a smarter support for BAPIs by an SAP product...

Do I understand correctly that the XML structures must be manually defined?

Do you know if nested tables can be handled as well (tables within tables)?

Thanks, regards

Vincenzo

Edited by: VINCENZO TURCO on Sep 23, 2011 3:28 PM

abesh
Contributor
0 Kudos

If you use this method, then yes, you will have to define your manually define the XML structures. However do remember that this is NOT the ONLY possible method and who knows with some imagination you might be able to come up with a better one

ANY kind of XML ( including nested structures ) can be handled using SAP MII.

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vincenzo,

When you add the table, is it in XML format? If so, you can build the xml using the Assignment action block and by selecting the correct link type. If there is a different format for the table (like tab delimited) input, there are several other ways you can build the table. Using a repeater and a local string property and an equation like Local.Table = Local.Table & "<row of data>" & CRLF or some variation should work.

Regards,

Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Vincenzo,

For example you can download SAP module libraries from this link

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/e090ef23-dbc5-2a10-0994-b589d869c...

Check the transaction SAP/ModuleLibraries/PP/ProductionOrderTimeTicketConf

Thanks

Anshul