cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export a Project

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai Gurus

I have made a project structure in our QAS and it got approved. Now i want to do the same in PRD but is there any way I can export or download the project structure form QAS and upload in PRD?

Regards

Sreedhar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I don't think there is a standard way to do this. But it could be possible with a custom program. If not you will have to create it manually in Production system. In case you forsee the frequent use of similar project structures, then you can create a template for this format and use that as a reference in future.

Regards

Sreekanth

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member230675
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hai Gurus

>

> I have made a project structure in our QAS and it got approved. Now i want to do the same in PRD but is there any way I can export or download the project structure form QAS and upload in PRD?

>

> Regards

>

> Sreedhar

Using Transaction Data from QAS to PRD is not advisable as there will be conflict between master data synchronization as well as numbering..

You can download the table entries into excel from QAS, correct the numbering and master data's in excel as per PRD and use LSMW to upload in PRD.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Workaround suggested by Ammar should work but that would require efforts to install OpenPS in case it is not installed. Moreover there may be certain issues that crop up and you may have to resolve them before it works perfectly fine. Now, since there is no simple way of doing this i would suggest you to check out the option of trying out BDC. But, that again will require considerable manual intervention and efforts depending on your project structure.

Instead, i would suggest you to create the structure manually in your PRD system. This will ensure minimal errors. You can also look at the option of creating a template in case you use the same project structure for most of your project executions.

Regards,

Gokul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks all for your valuable replies. I will do it manually in PRD and create a template.

Regards

Sreedhar G Nair

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can use OPENPS to download/upload the project from/to MS Project.

For a list of frequently asked questions, see SAP Note 579761.

Regards,

Ammar