SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Budgetary Ledger without PBET and due date

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

My customer have following requirement:

1. Budgetary Ledger to be used.

2. Commitment items created from for example funds reservation should reserved budget base on due date from payment budget.

I use update profile 000100 (payment budget, payment base, due date). When I create funds reservation from t-code FMX1, error FMFG_BLCORE 030 (Budgetary Ledger is used without Periodic Based Encumbrance Tracking) apear, but after pressing enter document is saved and it looks correct

Result is:

BL document is updated bas on posting date even commitment is for the next year. This is exactly what my customer want.

In BCS budget is consumed from payment budget bas on due date (which is next fiscal year)

Is it possible to overwrite this message, not to be error, or there is other way to meet my customer requirements?

1 REPLY 1

CesarCarreno
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The message was introduced by the note 686702 Budgetary Ledger does not validate PBET settings, and PBET is necessary in order to manage the delta values of the commitment modifications to create the BL document. You must test the modification of the commitments and evaluate if the results still fit the customer requirements.

So if you need the BL you have to activate PBET and as a consequence you need to use the posting date to update FM. Also I do not in which country are you implementing it but is not usual that future years are open for posting in FI.

Best regards

César