cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apply portal theme to web dynpro ABAP stand-alone application

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have created a custom theme in the SAP Netweaver Portal for my customer and now I have the requirement to use the same theme for my stand-alone Web Dynpro ABAP applications. I have indeed some applications that I call directly from the browser on the ABAP WAS, instead of opening them throught the SAP Portal. Is it possible to use the same stylesheet as in the portal, without having to recreate a theme?

I tried several options, but none of them did work:

A. Downloading the portal theme as a ZIP file and then uploading it in ERP using the report BSP_UPDATE_MIMEREPOS (after unzipping) to a location /SAP/PUBLIC/BC/UR/nw5/themes/CUSTOM_THEME. After that, I call my application with the additional URL parameter sap-wd-themeroot=/SAP/PUBLIC/BC/UR/nw5/themes/CUSTOM_THEME but it does not work (the app is displayed with the default sap_tradeshow stylesheet)

B. I also tried calling my app using the URL parameter sap-cssurl=/SAP/PUBLIC/BC/UR/nw5/themes/CUSTOM_THEME but here again, it does not work (the app is displayed with the default sap_tradeshow stylesheet)

C. Downloading the portal theme as a ZIP file and then uploading it (zipped) using the report WD_THEMES, but here I receive the error "no themes found in the ZIP file". I have the same error if I upload only the ur.zip I receive from the portal (instead of uploading the whole *.zip file)

I checked the UR versions both in portal & ERP, and we had a lower version in the portal than in the ERP, so we upgraded the portal version according to SAP note 1446099. Now we have a higher version in the portal than in the ERP. We regenrated the portal theme and downloaded it again, but with the same result.

Does anyone have an idea what could be the solution to our problem?

Thanks in advance!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Some more info: I noticed the structure of the theme I imported from the portal into the MIME repository has another structure than the SAP standard themes. A SAP standard theme has the following sub folders: common, html, ls, r, ur and then a file themeInfo.properties. My portal theme has the following sub folders: its, portal and ur, and then some files such as metaData.properties, portal_log.html, ur_log.html,...

Can this be the problem? If yes, how can I convert my theme to the expected structure?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've solved my problem thanks.

See this thread for more info:

Answers (0)